My Pharo image is crashing

sergio_101
I have an image that I have been working on for a few weeks.

Today, when I went to edit a method, the image crashed, and it crashes whenever I try to save.

normally, I wouldn’t care, but this one has a bunch of data (as Ordered Collections in class variables).

The current size of the image is 198.6M. How big can they usually get without problems? I saw the number 7G somewhere, so it seems fine.

Here is my error log: https://pastebin.com/2yWGCbAC

Any ides?

Thanks!

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Re: My Pharo image is crashing

sergio_101

I'd suggest you to first try exporting your data using some serialization mechanism (STON or JSON for a textual representation, or fuel for a binary one), to avoid losing any of it.

I just realized that all of the data is generated against the contents of only two OrderedCollections. I tried extracting to STON, and it works just fine.. so regenerating the data is super super simple..

What version are you on? Is that a unix or osx?
Your vm seems from last june.

Pharo 6.0

Latest update: #60546

MacOS 10.14