My Post keeps getting deleted

Julian Ford
I wonder if someone in charge of this forum can help me out as to why my post to Joachim with sample code keeps getting deleted.
I can send you the message, if it will help to determine the cause.

Re: My Post keeps getting deleted

John O'Keefe-3
Julian -

I can see that your posts in the SMTP/SSL thread are being deleted, but I have no idea why. Do you post directly to the group or through 'world.st'? Would you try posting a short test message to the SMTP/SSL thread with nothing attached to it (delete everything after your signature).

John
On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:54:31 PM UTC-4, Julian Ford wrote:
I wonder if someone in charge of this forum can help me out as to why my post to Joachim with sample code keeps getting deleted.
I can send you the message, if it will help to determine the cause.

Re: My Post keeps getting deleted

Julian Ford
Hello, John.

Thanks for the reply!
I have posted a number of times to that thread...including recently, a couple of notes asking Joachim if he managed to see my post before
it was deleted.

I am not attaching anything to my post, it is strictly text.

Now, as part of my post, I am providing sample code...and in the code I have included a dummy email address to indicate where
the developer would put that....I do get a warning indicating that there is an EMail detected, asking me if I want to continue...and I say yes.

I did not think of this before, but is it posisble that the EMail addresses, even though they are fake, is causing the message to be deleted?

Thanks again!

Julian

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 8:16:40 AM UTC-4, John O'Keefe wrote:
Julian -

I can see that your posts in the SMTP/SSL thread are being deleted, but I have no idea why. Do you post directly to the group or through '<a href="http://world.st" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fworld.st\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHFjHJVNuLtBfAuieWG7byJRKz0RA';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fworld.st\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHFjHJVNuLtBfAuieWG7byJRKz0RA';return true;">world.st'? Would you try posting a short test message to the SMTP/SSL thread with nothing attached to it (delete everything after your signature).

John
On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:54:31 PM UTC-4, Julian Ford wrote:
I wonder if someone in charge of this forum can help me out as to why my post to Joachim with sample code keeps getting deleted.
I can send you the message, if it will help to determine the cause.

Re: My Post keeps getting deleted

Richard Sargent
Administrator
On Friday, May 2, 2014 9:45:29 AM UTC-7, Julian Ford wrote:
I did not think of this before, but is it posisble that the EMail addresses, even though they are fake, is causing the message to be deleted?

Let's try.
Here is something from [hidden email].

We'll see if this message posts and stays.