My campaign promises

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Folks,

This message states my objectives for running as a Board member.

First, let me state how I see the Board and its duties.

The Board has been in charge of the relicensing and SFC effort. This
makes sense, as official representatives of the community need to do it.
This major landmark in Squeak's history is almost finished and I did
almost nothing to help. So, I'll not set it as a personal goal, and I'll
not ask for any credit when it is done.

The Board has been in charge of designing and removing teams for
specific tasks. I'll help keeping up the good work in this area.

Apart from this, the Board is like an executive power but without a work
force or a budget. For this, the Board can't really make decisions on
where to drive Squeak or what projects to support. Besides, the Board
never discouraged any use of Squeak and will never do. I would like this
to change, and the Board to be able to really drive Squeak, but I don't
know how to make it happen. As real work is done by contributors (even
if members of the Board) and not by the Board itself, I'll keep
contributing to Squeak with code and ideas as I have been doing it, but
this is unrelated with me being or not in the Board.

So, what are my campaign promises?

1) If somebody comes with a way to enhance the decision making power of
the Board, I'll support it.
2) If somebody comes with ideas for the Board to actually be able to
support and oversee projects that are strategic to Squeak's direction,
I'll support them.
3) I'll do whatever I can to help the various Squeak sub-communities
(Pharo, Etoys, Cobalt, Cuis, etc.) be friends.
4) On any other issues that will come up, I'll make my best effort to
think solutions and execute them. After all, you already know me.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: My campaign promises

Karl Ramberg
On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> This message states my objectives for running as a Board member.
>
> First, let me state how I see the Board and its duties.
>
> The Board has been in charge of the relicensing and SFC effort. This makes
> sense, as official representatives of the community need to do it. This
> major landmark in Squeak's history is almost finished and I did almost
> nothing to help. So, I'll not set it as a personal goal, and I'll not ask
> for any credit when it is done.
>
> The Board has been in charge of designing and removing teams for specific
> tasks. I'll help keeping up the good work in this area.
>
> Apart from this, the Board is like an executive power but without a work
> force or a budget. For this, the Board can't really make decisions on where
> to drive Squeak or what projects to support. Besides, the Board never
> discouraged any use of Squeak and will never do. I would like this to
> change, and the Board to be able to really drive Squeak, but I don't know
> how to make it happen. As real work is done by contributors (even if members
> of the Board) and not by the Board itself, I'll keep contributing to Squeak
> with code and ideas as I have been doing it, but this is unrelated with me
> being or not in the Board.
>
> So, what are my campaign promises?
>
> 1) If somebody comes with a way to enhance the decision making power of the
> Board, I'll support it.
> 2) If somebody comes with ideas for the Board to actually be able to support
> and oversee projects that are strategic to Squeak's direction, I'll support
> them.

A few ideas here.
Better support for Linux distribution package people.
Swiki update .
Support and help people attending conferences and events
Make Squeak a more obvious choise in education for all age groups
We did a community documentation effort for Etoy that cover many basic
elements of the Etoys environment. Start a similar project for Squeak

Karl
Karl
> 3) I'll do whatever I can to help the various Squeak sub-communities (Pharo,
> Etoys, Cobalt, Cuis, etc.) be friends.
> 4) On any other issues that will come up, I'll make my best effort to think
> solutions and execute them. After all, you already know me.
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

Re: My campaign promises

Juan Vuletich-4
karl ramberg wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> This message states my objectives for running as a Board member.
>>
>> First, let me state how I see the Board and its duties.
>>
>> The Board has been in charge of the relicensing and SFC effort. This makes
>> sense, as official representatives of the community need to do it. This
>> major landmark in Squeak's history is almost finished and I did almost
>> nothing to help. So, I'll not set it as a personal goal, and I'll not ask
>> for any credit when it is done.
>>
>> The Board has been in charge of designing and removing teams for specific
>> tasks. I'll help keeping up the good work in this area.
>>
>> Apart from this, the Board is like an executive power but without a work
>> force or a budget. For this, the Board can't really make decisions on where
>> to drive Squeak or what projects to support. Besides, the Board never
>> discouraged any use of Squeak and will never do. I would like this to
>> change, and the Board to be able to really drive Squeak, but I don't know
>> how to make it happen. As real work is done by contributors (even if members
>> of the Board) and not by the Board itself, I'll keep contributing to Squeak
>> with code and ideas as I have been doing it, but this is unrelated with me
>> being or not in the Board.
>>
>> So, what are my campaign promises?
>>
>> 1) If somebody comes with a way to enhance the decision making power of the
>> Board, I'll support it.
>> 2) If somebody comes with ideas for the Board to actually be able to support
>> and oversee projects that are strategic to Squeak's direction, I'll support
>> them.
>>

> A few ideas here.
> Better support for Linux distribution package people.
> Swiki update .
> Support and help people attending conferences and events
> Make Squeak a more obvious choise in education for all age groups
> We did a community documentation effort for Etoy that cover many basic
> elements of the Etoys environment. Start a similar project for Squeak
>
> Karl
> Karl

I'm sorry, it seems I wasn't clear. I was talking about ideas on how to
make the Board able to actually support and oversee project, not about
project ideas.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

>> 3) I'll do whatever I can to help the various Squeak sub-communities (Pharo,
>> Etoys, Cobalt, Cuis, etc.) be friends.
>> 4) On any other issues that will come up, I'll make my best effort to think
>> solutions and execute them. After all, you already know me.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Juan Vuletich

Re: My campaign promises

Karl Ramberg
On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> karl ramberg wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> This message states my objectives for running as a Board member.
>>>
>>> First, let me state how I see the Board and its duties.
>>>
>>> The Board has been in charge of the relicensing and SFC effort. This
>>> makes
>>> sense, as official representatives of the community need to do it. This
>>> major landmark in Squeak's history is almost finished and I did almost
>>> nothing to help. So, I'll not set it as a personal goal, and I'll not ask
>>> for any credit when it is done.
>>>
>>> The Board has been in charge of designing and removing teams for specific
>>> tasks. I'll help keeping up the good work in this area.
>>>
>>> Apart from this, the Board is like an executive power but without a work
>>> force or a budget. For this, the Board can't really make decisions on
>>> where
>>> to drive Squeak or what projects to support. Besides, the Board never
>>> discouraged any use of Squeak and will never do. I would like this to
>>> change, and the Board to be able to really drive Squeak, but I don't know
>>> how to make it happen. As real work is done by contributors (even if
>>> members
>>> of the Board) and not by the Board itself, I'll keep contributing to
>>> Squeak
>>> with code and ideas as I have been doing it, but this is unrelated with
>>> me
>>> being or not in the Board.
>>>
>>> So, what are my campaign promises?
>>>
>>> 1) If somebody comes with a way to enhance the decision making power of
>>> the
>>> Board, I'll support it.
>>> 2) If somebody comes with ideas for the Board to actually be able to
>>> support
>>> and oversee projects that are strategic to Squeak's direction, I'll
>>> support
>>> them.
>>>

>> A few ideas here.
>> Better support for Linux distribution package people.
>> Swiki update .
>> Support and help people attending conferences and events
>> Make Squeak a more obvious choise in education for all age groups
>> We did a community documentation effort for Etoy that cover many basic
>> elements of the Etoys environment. Start a similar project for Squeak
>>
>> Karl
>> Karl
>>

> I'm sorry, it seems I wasn't clear. I was talking about ideas on how to make
> the Board able to actually support and oversee project, not about project
> ideas.
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich
Ok,