My first contribution

tfleig
I have made some changes in my local environment to Phato's MailMessage and Seaside's WAEmailMessage to support creation of multi-part MIME messages (e.g. HTML and plaintext).

I would like to contribute these changes, but I'm  not sure how to proceed because the Seaside changes are dependent on the Pharo changes.

Should I submit all the changes to Seaside and include the Pharo changes as Seaside extensions to Pharo or submit the changes separately to Pharo and Seaside?

And of course my changes are for Pharo only and therefore the other Seaside platforms would not be supported. Do I need to make sure this works on all platforms before submitting?

Cheers,
TF

Re: My first contribution

Philippe Marschall
2010/12/26 Tony Fleig <[hidden email]>:
> I have made some changes in my local environment to Phato's MailMessage and
> Seaside's WAEmailMessage to support creation of multi-part MIME messages
> (e.g. HTML and plaintext).
> I would like to contribute these changes, but I'm  not sure how to proceed
> because the Seaside changes are dependent on the Pharo changes.

First, thank you for wanting to contribute this. Changes that depend
on changes in Pharo are a bit problematic because that requires users
to use an unreleased Pharo version. Then again anything depends on the
specific case. Anyways I still recommend creating an issue even if we
can't merge it for a year (see below).

> Should I submit all the changes to Seaside and include the Pharo changes as
> Seaside extensions to Pharo or submit the changes separately to Pharo and
> Seaside?

Ideally you create an issue in our issue tracker [1] and attach the
Seaside related code (ideally in .mcz files).

> And of course my changes are for Pharo only and therefore the other Seaside
> platforms would not be supported. Do I need to make sure this works on all
> platforms before submitting?

Maybe. We'll let you know in the comments if something is not OK and
needs to be changed.

 [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/list

Cheers
Philippe

Re: My first contribution

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Tony,

It probably makes sense to integrate the changes that are not dependent on Seaside into Pharo.

Adrian