MySQL Timestamp values

Brad Selfridge
MySql supports a timestamp value of '0000-00-00 00:00:00' which is obviously an invalid DateAndTime and Timestamp. Do we need to create a MySqlTimestamp class that allows the creation of a "minTimestamp", which would contain a '0000-01-01 00:00:00' value (which is valid), but when printed returns a '0000-00-00 00:00:00' string value?

Brad Selfridge
Brad Selfridge

Re: MySQL Timestamp values

Esteban A. Maringolo

El martes, 18 de noviembre de 2014 21:02:10 UTC-3, [hidden email] escribió:
MySql supports a timestamp value of '0000-00-00 00:00:00' which is obviously
an invalid DateAndTime and Timestamp. Do we need to create a MySqlTimestamp
class that allows the creation of a "minTimestamp", which would contain a
'0000-01-01 00:00:00' value (which is valid), but when printed returns a
'0000-00-00 00:00:00' string value?

What would be the advantage of having a TimeStamp with no date?

What are you trying to achieve using a zero year? Christian chronology? :)

Regards!