classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

MySQLPlatform does not understand #connect:

Federico.Balaguer
Hello,

I am trying to use Roger Whitney's tutorial on GLORP.  I have the stable versions of Glorp, GlorpDBX and OpenDBXDriver. I am trying to connect to a local mysql database.

One of the first things that the tutorial does is the following code which in my case gives me a MNU on MySQLPlatform because of #connect:

|login accessor result|

login :=(Login new)
        database: MySQLPlatform new;
        username: 'federico';
        password: 'playground';
        host: 'localhost';
       port: '3306';
        connectString: 'localhost_playground'.

accessor := DatabaseAccessor forLogin: login.
accessor login.

Should I use a different class instead of MySQLPlatform? I was able to connect to the database with DBXConnection and the DBXMySQLBackend... but I am not sure how these classes are related to GLORP.

Thanks! Federico

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DBXTalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MySQLPlatform does not understand #connect:

Federico.Balaguer
Hello,

I made it work as expected.

I initialized the PharoDatabaseAccessor's DefaultDriver to be GlorpOpenDBXDriver. Somehow I (previously) initialized the DefaultDriver to something else.

Federico

El lunes, 22 de septiembre de 2014 11:33:14 UTC-3, Federico Balaguer escribió:
Hello,

I am trying to use Roger Whitney's tutorial on GLORP.  I have the stable versions of Glorp, GlorpDBX and OpenDBXDriver. I am trying to connect to a local mysql database.

One of the first things that the tutorial does is the following code which in my case gives me a MNU on MySQLPlatform because of #connect:

|login accessor result|

login :=(Login new)
        database: MySQLPlatform new;
        username: 'federico';
        password: 'playground';
        host: 'localhost';
       port: '3306';
        connectString: 'localhost_playground'.

accessor := DatabaseAccessor forLogin: login.
accessor login.

Should I use a different class instead of MySQLPlatform? I was able to connect to the database with DBXConnection and the DBXMySQLBackend... but I am not sure how these classes are related to GLORP.

Thanks! Federico

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DBXTalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.