Mysterious problem only Firefox, only hosted Server no clue how to solve

Mysterious problem only Firefox, only hosted Server no clue how to solve

Herbert König
Hi,
this really bugs me since two days and I'm really out of my depths here.

In my app I have a WebButton whose action does a simple self
redirectToView: .... like I have in several cases.
This is the generated HTML, both buttons have the same problem.
<inputtype="submit"value="Dieses Profil drucken"name="plotThis">
<inputtype="submit"value="Alle Positionen drucken"name="plotAll">

This always works on a Windows Server and on an Ubuntu Server running in
a VM in my local network.

On the hosted Ubuntu server (same Ubunu) only on Firefox it regularly
fails (not always) while it always works on Chrome and Opera. The
tendency is: the slower the computer running the browser the better it
works.

  The problem is that the action method of the button never gets sent,
because SwazooBuffer>>refillFrom raises a SwazooStreamNoDataError "No
data available, socket probably closed".

I get the same problem with several versions of Swazoo incl. the latest
download from Aidaweb.si.

I've attached a Stack trace. Help is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Herbert

SqueakDebug.log (12K) Download Attachment

Re: Mysterious problem only Firefox, only hosted Server no clue how to solve

Janko Mivšek
Hi Herbert,

Dne 13. 11. 2012 22:14, piše Herbert König:

> Hi,
> this really bugs me since two days and I'm really out of my depths here.
>
> In my app I have a WebButton whose action does a simple self
> redirectToView: .... like I have in several cases.
> This is the generated HTML, both buttons have the same problem.
> <inputtype="submit"value="Dieses Profil drucken"name="plotThis">
> <inputtype="submit"value="Alle Positionen drucken"name="plotAll">
>
> This always works on a Windows Server and on an Ubuntu Server running in
> a VM in my local network.
>
> On the hosted Ubuntu server (same Ubunu) only on Firefox it regularly
> fails (not always) while it always works on Chrome and Opera. The
> tendency is: the slower the computer running the browser the better it
> works.

So it seems to be related to network latency somehow ...

>  The problem is that the action method of the button never gets sent,
> because SwazooBuffer>>refillFrom raises a SwazooStreamNoDataError "No
> data available, socket probably closed".

- try to look at last read SwazooBuffer to see if there really isn't
enough data, if data is complete (any bye missing) etc.
- with Wireshark capture packets on the wire to see if there are complete.
- it could be that packets are very fragmented, but they shouls work
that way too
- download one large static file and compare its contents to the
original. One upon the time Squeak Swazoo had some such problems and can
be related to your problem.

> I get the same problem with several versions of Swazoo incl. the latest
> download from Aidaweb.si.
>
> I've attached a Stack trace. Help is really appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Herbert

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: Mysterious problem only Firefox, only hosted Server no clue how to solve

Herbert König
Hi Janko,

Am 13.11.2012 23:29, schrieb Janko Mivšek:

thanks a lot. Shall I use Wireshark on the server (text only) or on the
client?

Anyway, important things first, so I replaced the buttons with links
which works and I wrote a Selenium test which tests this several times
and ran it on three computers simultaneously for an hour. Not a single
failure.

As tedious as it is to write a Selenium test for a dynamic webapp as big
is the confidence you get out of them. BTW the Hetzner Vserver performs
well, around 10% user CPU from top.

So the pressure is away and  tonight I'll check what you suggested.
Because before I tried to put these buttons elsewhere and could not get
rid of the problem.

Cheers

Herbert