[NB-Cog] New VMs Available

Igor Stasenko

Re: [NB-Cog] New VMs Available

Guy Hylton
Igor,

I have built my own Win32 VM in order to test NB 1.5, specifically the callback changes.  First I found that NativeBoostWin32>>VMModule  was not defined ... I set it to 'NBCog.exe' but NBCallbackCodeGen>>CStackPointerAddress returns nil.  As far as I can tell the symbol is available in the module, nm -g returns _CStackPointer.

What have I missed?

Thanks, Guy

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please, read details here:

http://dailyvmotion.wordpress.com/2012/09/18/new-vms-with-nativeboost-callback-support-cairo-library-bundling-on-macos/

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: [NB-Cog] New VMs Available

Igor Stasenko
On 20 September 2012 19:36, Guy Hylton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Igor,
>
> I have built my own Win32 VM in order to test NB 1.5, specifically the
> callback changes.  First I found that NativeBoostWin32>>VMModule  was not
> defined ... I set it to 'NBCog.exe' but
> NBCallbackCodeGen>>CStackPointerAddress returns nil.  As far as I can tell
> the symbol is available in the module, nm -g returns _CStackPointer.

I didn't tried to run it on windows yet.

i should probably implement primitives for getting those addresses instead of
relying on exported C globals.

On windows, #VMModule should answer the hInstance, i.e the handle of VM process,
but i am not sure if it will work that way.

Or try making this work:
nil nbGetSymbolAddress: 'CStackPointer' module: ''
->>> @ 16r215274

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.