NBMacShell

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Hi,

I came accross NBMacShell that looks like an alternative to OSProcess.

However, I see no Window/Linux equivalent?
Am I mistaken?

Noury

Re: NBMacShell

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Noury Bouraqadi-2 wrote
I came accross NBMacShell that looks like an alternative to OSProcess.
However, I see no Window/Linux equivalent?
IIRC, when NB first came out, I noticed NBWin32Shell, and wondered if I could do somthing similar for Mac, to be able to have basic OSProcess behavior without loading OSP. I now often use it for this purpose. The main limitation is that you can't get the output back (or I don't know how at least), so I usually > the output to a file if I need it. n.b. it's blocking unless you say otherwise e.g. by appending a '&' to the command.

So there is a Windows and Mac version, and in fact, the Mac version implements #run: via the C library, so it should work fine in Linux AFAICT. If so, NBMacShell should properly be a subclass of NBUnixShell, which implements #open: in a Mac-specific way.

HTH.
Cheers,
Sean