NEED HELP IN IMPLEMENTING XML-RPC SERVER IN SMALLTALK(visualworks)

NEED HELP IN IMPLEMENTING XML-RPC SERVER IN SMALLTALK(visualworks)

Eddy Freeman
Hi guys,

       I need help urgently. I have spent almost 2 months trying to implement a smalltalk xml-rpc sever to communicate with my java client but it is not successful. I am new in smalltalk and need help.
 I have a java xml-rpc client which will contact the smalltalk xml-rpc sever. The application is not a web application. My question is:

 I want someone to help me how to implement a smalltalk xml-rpc server class and how i should  configure the server to accept requests from the java client.

If someone can implement a simple smalltalk xml-rpc server class for me, i will be happy or point me to a place where i can have a step by step tutorials about how to implement smalltalk xml-rpc server class and configure the server to make the server class available to receive requests from the client .

Thank you very very much.

Re: NEED HELP IN IMPLEMENTING XML-RPC SERVER IN SMALLTALK(visualworks)

Paolo Bonzini-2
>       I need help urgently. I have spent almost 2 months trying to
> implement a smalltalk xml-rpc sever to communicate with my java client but
> it is not successful. I am new in smalltalk and need help.
>  I have a java xml-rpc client which will contact the smalltalk xml-rpc
> sever. The application is not a web application. My question is:

If you are a student, you can apply for Google Summer Of Code and be
paid to do it.

Paolo

Re: NEED HELP IN IMPLEMENTING XML-RPC SERVER IN SMALLTALK(visualworks)

Stefan Schmiedl
On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:58:01 -0700 (PDT)
Eddy Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If someone can implement a simple smalltalk xml-rpc server class for
> me, i will be happy or point me to a place where i can have a step by
> step tutorials about how to implement smalltalk xml-rpc server class
> and configure the server to make the server class available to
> receive requests from the client .

Since you're whispering VW at the end of your subject line,
why not start with the documentation including with the
non-commercial download of VisualWorks?

There is also a public mailing list for vwnc, where you can
ask your questions, see

s.

Re: NEED HELP IN IMPLEMENTING XML-RPC SERVER IN SMALLTALK(visualworks)

Paolo Bonzini-2
>> If someone can implement a simple smalltalk xml-rpc server class for
>> me, i will be happy or point me to a place where i can have a step by
>> step tutorials about how to implement smalltalk xml-rpc server class
>> and configure the server to make the server class available to
>> receive requests from the client .
>
> Since you're whispering VW at the end of your subject line,

... on a mailing list for GNU Smalltalk... :-)

(I hadn't even noticed that).

Paolo