[NEWBIE] broken config application

plalloni-2
Hello, I'm an almost total newbie in Seaside an this is my first message here,
so hi to everybody.

Well, problem my /seaside/config app seems to be broken and I don't know how
to "reset" global seaside configuration... or whatever...

When I hit /seaside/config I get this stack:

MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>new
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #new
self  nil
  temps
  aMessage  new
WARenderLoopMain>>createRoot
self  a WARenderLoopMain
  temps
WARenderLoopMain>>start:
self  a WARenderLoopMain
  temps
  aRequest  a WARequest
  root  nil
  ea  nil
WASession>>start:
self  a WASession(/seaside/config?_s=cheJuSAQkUvfzXKu)
  temps
  aRequest  a WARequest
  inst vars
  lastAccess  3332615543
  expired  false
  timeout  nil
  continuations  a WALRUCache
  application  a WAApplication(/seaside/config)
  escapeContinuation  [] in WASession>>respond: {[:v | snapshotHolder
contents: state snapshot. oldEscape value: v]}
  monitor  a WAProcessMonitor
  state  a WAStateRegistry
  currentRequest  a WARequest
  scripts  nil
  jumpTo  nil
[] in WASession>>performRequest: {[^ self start: aRequest]}
self  a WASession(/seaside/config?_s=cheJuSAQkUvfzXKu)
  temps
  aRequest  a WARequest
  key  nil
  continuation  nil
  inst vars
  lastAccess  3332615543
  expired  false
  timeout  nil
  continuations  a WALRUCache
  application  a WAApplication(/seaside/config)
  escapeContinuation  [] in WASession>>respond: {[:v | snapshotHolder
contents: state snapshot. oldEscape value: v]}
  monitor  a WAProcessMonitor
  state  a WAStateRegistry
  currentRequest  a WARequest
  scripts  nil
  jumpTo  nil

Just to make it clear, I'm not new only to Seaside but to Squeak/Smalltalk
too!

Also, I'm trying to access config application to unregister and re-register
the application I'm "working" on because when I try to access that one it
gives me an error too and I think it is because the changes I made left the
running instance in an inconsistent state.

Basically I added initilialization code in components that create state
objects that are used from #renderContentsOn

--
pil

Re: [NEWBIE] broken config application

Philippe Marschall
Hi

This may be a bit drastic but might fix your problems:

WADispatcher default initialize.
WADispatcherEditor initialize.

It should remove all your applications and then add just the config
application. Save your image before you do it and after only if it
worked.

Philippe

El Jueves, 10 de Agosto de 2006 03:32, Philippe Marschall escribió:
> Hi
>
> This may be a bit drastic but might fix your problems:
>
> WADispatcher default initialize.
> WADispatcherEditor initialize.

Umm... this way I would lose all other seaside "example" applications or have
to register all of them again?

Then what if I re-load Seaside from MC repository?

Would that bring Seaside to the "factory" configuration?

Maybe there's some script from the installer for getting there again?

--
pil

Re: Re: [NEWBIE] broken config application

Lukas Renggli
> Umm... this way I would lose all other seaside "example" applications or have
> to register all of them again?
>
> Then what if I re-load Seaside from MC repository?
>
> Would that bring Seaside to the "factory" configuration?

WADispatcher default initialize.
WAComponent allSubclassesDo: [ :each |
   (each class methodDict includesKey: #initialize)
      ifTrue: [ each initialize ] ].

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Re: [NEWBIE] broken config application

plalloni-2
Wow! I feel sooo tiny... :) Thanks Stef and Lukas for yout enlighting answers! I need to know a lot more of SmallTalk API... and throw away my Java mindset!