NSA and the reactions of companies to that ...

1 message Options

NSA and the reactions of companies to that ...

Marten Feldtmann-2
... should be interested to any developer.

I've spoken to a company yesterday - which makes internal customer surveys for larger german industry companies - that their customers are much,much more looking now on the security of their data (own development, open source, which external tools are used, Windows based).

Several of the competitioner of this company have focused their product to be a modern cloud product (using Amazon etc) and try now to hide this word again ("cloud") and their customers have open questions ...

This might become a problem for all US IT (closed source) products - simply due to the fact, that here nobody trusts any public statement from US companies about security of their product.

I know, that this is not a problem for joe-average-company, but for larger companies the "security" question becomes an important question these days.