Naked Windows

Charles A. Monteiro-2
Hi.

I have a need to extend Notice.

I want to pretty ours up with some graphics but more importantly I want to
run my specific Notice(s) naked i.e. without the Window title bar region.
Essentially, I want to mimic what apps like Photoshop do i.e. they pop at
startup a window showing the initialization of the app etc.

I know that there is a packaged called NakedWindows and I also believe
that there is either another implementation and/or somebody had blogged
about it.

I believe that it centers around changing the application's windowType to
whatever but perhaps there is some setup and or caveats.

any words of wisdom are appreciated.

much obliged.

Charles A. Monteiro

Re: Naked Windows

Charles A. Monteiro-2
Well, I did just find something in the public repository called:

Epigent Application Window Styles

by Runar

but unfortunately from a quick scan , I can't see how to get rid of the
title area, nor do the sunits provided document how to do it if it is
possible with said framework.

tia,

Charles

Charles A. Monteiro

Re: Naked Windows

Rob Vens
I am not sure if this would be any help to you, but I have done this in the past using the DLL-C, implementing this in a dll I delivered with my apps. Made it possible to create any kind of window decoration Windows supported.

Rob Vens

--
Charles A. Monteiro

Re: Naked Windows

Carl Gundel

I sure hope there's a way to do this.  I'm also going to need this behavior.  There's no way to apply styles to the window?

-Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC

--
Charles A. Monteiro

Re: Naked Windows

Runar Jordahl

There is package NakedWindows  in the public Store database. Read comments on the package for usage. It supports Windows only.

I do intend to include this behaviour in my Epigent Application Window Styles package( http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/runarj/blogView?showComments=true&entry=3308039622  ) later.

Re: Naked Windows

Reinout Heeck

You could look at how FlyByHelp does it.

UI.FlyByHelpWindow

Charles A. Monteiro wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have a need to extend Notice.
>
> I want to pretty ours up with some graphics but more importantly I want to
> run my specific Notice(s) naked i.e. without the Window title bar region.
> Essentially, I want to mimic what apps like Photoshop do i.e. they pop at
> startup a window showing the initialization of the app etc.
>
> I know that there is a packaged called NakedWindows and I also believe
> that there is either another implementation and/or somebody had blogged
> about it.
>
> I believe that it centers around changing the application's windowType to
> whatever but perhaps there is some setup and or caveats.
>
> any words of wisdom are appreciated.
>
> much obliged.

Re: Naked Windows

Charles A. Monteiro-2
Runar's stuff does allow one to apply some of this. NakedWindows at one
point in time did not work well but I have not checked it out lately, so
 from what I hear my answer is basically look at NakedWindows again and I
guess nobody knows what the particular windowType in question is? not
#normal, not #reserved, not etc but what?

-Charles

Charles A. Monteiro

Re: Naked Windows

Charles A. Monteiro-2
I want to use a Notice and just tell it to open "naked" :), as simple as
that

Charles A. Monteiro

Re: Naked Windows

Charles A. Monteiro-2
btw, NakedWindows seems to work fine, I subclassed Notice and extended the
ImageConfigurationSubystem so that it uses Notice to diplay what parcels
are being loaded including showing the progress bar etc. Now, I'm going to
add a pretty image.

--
Charles A. Monteiro