classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Nao robot with Pharo and LRP

Miguel Campusano
Hello,
I've been working on an API for the Nao Robot [1] in Pharo. You can find an early demo of how it works in Pharo:

Moreover, I built a communication bridge between the Nao and LRP [2]. LRP is a live programming language for robotic behaviors. You can see a working demo of the nao moving via LRP here:

I want to emphasize how easy and fun can be to program a robot with a live environment. Looking at the robot and see how immediately changes its behavior whenever you send a command, that is cool!

You can find the API here (I have to write the documentation on how to use it):

This is a work in progress. The Nao has several features that I'm planning to incorporate in the API when they are needed. 

To make this work I use TCP sockets to communicate with the robot. For the Nao, there is a documentation on how the robot communicates via binary packages, but the documentation lacks a lot of information that I managed to figure it out by reading the binary information (thanks gtInspector for that) and understanding how the robot works.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Nao robot with Pharo and LRP

jfabry

Excellent work ! :-)

--
Does this mail seem too brief? Sorry for that, I don’t mean to be rude! Please see http://emailcharter.org .

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

On 18 Oct 2016, at 06:09, Miguel Campusano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,
I've been working on an API for the Nao Robot [1] in Pharo. You can find an early demo of how it works in Pharo:

Moreover, I built a communication bridge between the Nao and LRP [2]. LRP is a live programming language for robotic behaviors. You can see a working demo of the nao moving via LRP here:

I want to emphasize how easy and fun can be to program a robot with a live environment. Looking at the robot and see how immediately changes its behavior whenever you send a command, that is cool!

This is a work in progress. The Nao has several features that I'm planning to incorporate in the API when they are needed. 

To make this work I use TCP sockets to communicate with the robot. For the Nao, there is a documentation on how the robot communicates via binary packages, but the documentation lacks a lot of information that I managed to figure it out by reading the binary information (thanks gtInspector for that) and understanding how the robot works.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Nao robot with Pharo and LRP

abergel
In reply to this post by Miguel Campusano
This is great!!!
Keep going!

Alexandre

On Oct 18, 2016, at 6:09 AM, Miguel Campusano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,