NativeBoost and OpenMP

Matthieu
Hello,

I haven't really seen anything related to this on the Internet and maybe some people will find it cool so I just wanted to report one thing I found out today :

NativeBoost works great with OpenMP !

I wrote a C function twice, once with openMP and once without. I made 32 bits libraries and used them from inside Pharo with NativeBoost.

When using the non - openMP library, only one core was used but when using the openMP library, both my cores were used and the time it took to run was really divided by (a little bit less than) 2 !

That's just me but i find it really cool :p

Cheers,

Matthieu

Re: NativeBoost and OpenMP

Ben Coman
Very cool. Nice to hear you're having fun.
cheers -ben

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 1:18 AM, Matthieu Lacaton
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I haven't really seen anything related to this on the Internet and maybe
> some people will find it cool so I just wanted to report one thing I found
> out today :
>
> NativeBoost works great with OpenMP !
>
> I wrote a C function twice, once with openMP and once without. I made 32
> bits libraries and used them from inside Pharo with NativeBoost.
>
> When using the non - openMP library, only one core was used but when using
> the openMP library, both my cores were used and the time it took to run was
> really divided by (a little bit less than) 2 !
>
> That's just me but i find it really cool :p
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matthieu

Re: NativeBoost and OpenMP

stepharo