NativeBoost and WKHTML

Torsten Bergmann
Hi,

tried to wrap the WKHTML library (wkhtmltopdf.org) with NB to easily generate a PDF
using HTML from Pharo. I think this could serve as an easy printing solution
for Pharo.

Code for an initial wrapper is on http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/WKHTML2PDF
with a simple class calling the component using NativeBoost. See class "WKPDFLibrary example"
I used Windows and the wkhtmltox.dll.

The C example I follow with only a few function calls is very simple and can be found at
the bottom of: http://m.blog.csdn.net/blog/pengqianhe/8089007

The component is called, I get correct structs in return - but still no PDF file is generated.
Currently I cant see the forest for the trees. Maybe someone can have a short look what I'm
doing wrong.

Thanks in advance
T.

Re: NativeBoost and WKHTML

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Just out of curiosity, why not use Artefact, https://sites.google.com/site/artefactpdf ?

I haven't looked at the different approaches, but I have this natural tendency against native libraries, if we can do it directly in Pharo. That is why I am asking: why this road and not the other ?