Nautilus + Periscope

Juraj Kubelka-5
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Nautilus + Periscope

Pavel Krivanek-3
I fixed the recent experiments with the new Spec versions so now it
should work in Pharo 2.0. It really needs a configuration :-)

Gofer new
    smalltalkhubUser: 'PavelKrivanek' project: 'Periscope';
    package: 'Periscope';
    load.

Nautilus pluginClasses add: {(Smalltalk at: #NautilusPeriscopePlugin). #none}

-- Pavel

2013/11/14 Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]>:

> Hi!
>
> Today Stéphane mentioned project Periscope (Universal Navigation Sidebar for Nautilus).
>
> Does anyone use it or maintain it? It looks like it does not work.
>
> Links:
>  - http://forum.world.st/ANN-Periscope-Universal-Navigation-Sidebar-for-Nautilus-td4644569.html
>  - http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PavelKrivanek/Periscope
>
> Cheers,
> Jura

Re: Nautilus + Periscope

Juraj Kubelka-5
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Nautilus + Periscope

Pavel Krivanek-3
Yes, it works on the edge of Spec capabilities and it needs to use
some hacks that are not possible in the recent Spec version.

-- Pavel

2013/11/14 Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks, I will try it.
>
> Are there some changes in Pharo 3, that does not allow to use it in Pharo 3?
>
> Cheers,
> Jura
>
> El 14-11-2013, a las 16:57, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
>> I fixed the recent experiments with the new Spec versions so now it
>> should work in Pharo 2.0. It really needs a configuration :-)
>>
>> Gofer new
>>    smalltalkhubUser: 'PavelKrivanek' project: 'Periscope';
>>    package: 'Periscope';
>>    load.
>>
>> Nautilus pluginClasses add: {(Smalltalk at: #NautilusPeriscopePlugin). #none}
>>
>> -- Pavel
>>
>> 2013/11/14 Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Today Stéphane mentioned project Periscope (Universal Navigation Sidebar for Nautilus).
>>>
>>> Does anyone use it or maintain it? It looks like it does not work.
>>>
>>> Links:
>>> - http://forum.world.st/ANN-Periscope-Universal-Navigation-Sidebar-for-Nautilus-td4644569.html
>>> - http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PavelKrivanek/Periscope
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jura

Re: Nautilus + Periscope

Juraj Kubelka-5
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Nautilus + Periscope

Pavel Krivanek-3
The main problem is in dynamic UI generation for plugins and own Morphic binding. It was done using several hacks that do not work in the recent Spec version. Some information are here:

-- Pavel

2013/11/15 Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]>
Hi Pavel,

I finally installed in Pharo 2.0. I did not know I have a different image.Thanks for your help and thanks also for the configuration script :-)

I would like to use Periscope in Pharo 3.0. Do you have an idea what is necessary to change?
I am willing to help with it, but I need some support. First likely I have to learn Spec framework.
Right now I have just a white window like in the attachment.

Cheers,
Jura