Nautilus Subclassing Behavior?

1 message Options

Nautilus Subclassing Behavior?

djuber
I ran into a surprise today, and I'm not sure if it's by design or
accident that I found it.

In Pharo-2.0, if I'm in Nautilus looking at class side definitions, and
I click on the class to Refactoring -> Class Refactoring -> Generate
Subclass..., I find that a subclass is attempting to be created on
MetaObject, which fails due to not understanding the #category message.
This is not the same behavior as happens when looking at instance side,
which created a named subclass of the class being viewed.

If this is wrong behavior, I will open an issue. If this is something
that surprised me because I'm new, I'd be happy to hear a rationale, and
I will open an issue, since the option fails, it should either not be
present, or not send category.

I guess I'd just like to know what the expected behavior is when
creating a subclass and viewing class side in the browser.

Thanks,

Daniel Uber