Nautilus doesn't like Vistary theme

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
When selecting a method, sometimes the code pane turns into the dreaded "big red X".

Issue 5994: Nautilus doesn't like Vistary theme
Sean

Re: Nautilus doesn't like Vistary theme

EstebanLM
nobody likes the vistary theme ;)

(sorry I couldn't resist :)

best,
Esteban

On May 29, 2012, at 3:14 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> When selecting a method, sometimes the code pane turns into the dreaded "big
> red X".
>
> Issue 5994: Nautilus doesn't like Vistary theme

Re: Nautilus doesn't like Vistary theme

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
EstebanLM wrote
nobody likes the vistary theme ;)
ha ha, well played.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Nautilus doesn't like Vistary theme

Gary Chambers-4
Lol, not even me any more ;-)

Regards, Gary

On May 29, 2012, at 3:14 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> When selecting a method, sometimes the code pane turns into the dreaded
> "big
> red X".
>
> Issue 5994: Nautilus doesn't like Vistary theme

Re: Nautilus doesn't like Vistary theme

Henrik Sperre Johansen
On 29.05.2012 15:55, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> EstebanLM wrote
>> nobody likes the vistary theme ;)
>>
> ha ha, well played.
We should see if rebranding the theme has any effect, although it may
sound illogical, it has a proven track record.
Sevenish perhaps? :)

Cheers,
Henry

Re: Nautilus doesn't like Vistary theme

Marcus Denker-4

On May 29, 2012, at 4:36 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Lol, not even me any more ;-)

The look of Windows8 will be much simpler...

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2012/05/18/creating-the-windows-8-user-experience.aspx
(scroll to the end).

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: Nautilus doesn't like Vistary theme

Esteban A. Maringolo
Marcus Denker-4 wrote
On May 29, 2012, at 4:36 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Lol, not even me any more ;-)

The look of Windows8 will be much simpler...

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2012/05/18/creating-the-windows-8-user-experience.aspx
(scroll to the end).
You read my mind.

Some hours ago I read the article, and after using "GitHub for Windows"(*) for a couple of days, I was thinking in how attractive it would be to have a Win 8 style interface to attract new users.

Is there some guide of how to create new Pharo skins or should I look at the classes and figure it out myself?

Remember Windows 7 is the most used OS, and Windows 8 will probably take that place too; maybe not among "trendy" developers though.

Regards,

(*) Maybe one the first metro-syle apps of popular tools already available for Windows.

Esteban

Re: Nautilus doesn't like Vistary theme

Stéphane Ducasse
Have a look at the UITheme class and subclasses.

Stef