Nautilus error

Bob Williams
I am trying to understand Morphs by looking at how the Workspace and Browsers are created; however, I get a Nautilus error when I "DoIt" on the following HierarchyBrowser newFor: Boolean. That code is in the comments section for that class. Does the HierarchyBrowser no longer work or am I doing something wrong?

Re: Nautilus error

Nicolai Hess
which pharo version?

Yes, in Pharo2 this does not work anymore.
And in Pharo3 there is not even a HierarchyBrowser anymore.

In both versions, you can
- use Nautilus to browse the class and select  the "Hierarchy"-Button or
- SystemNavigation default browseHierarchy:Boolean or
- Boolean browseHierarchy

Nicolai

I am trying to understand Morphs by looking at how the Workspace and Browsers are created; however, I get a Nautilus error when I "DoIt" on the following HierarchyBrowser newFor: Boolean. That code is in the comments section for that class. Does the HierarchyBrowser no longer work or am I doing something wrong?

Re: Nautilus error

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Bob Williams wrote
I am trying to understand Morphs by looking at how the Workspace and
Browsers are created
Those are fairly complex morphs. Have you started with more basic examples e.g. "Morph new openInWorld"? There are some great examples on the old Squeak wiki, especially about layout. They probably still work on latest pharo.
Cheers,
Sean