Nautilus history combo problem

Juan Ignacio Vaccarezza
Hi all,
   First of all thanks for pharo 1.4 :D.
   Thanks for nautilus, a new browser easily extensible and "inside" the pharo is much appreciated.
   I still have few flight ours with smalltalk and pharo so please be gentle.
   Now the work

   I just downloaded pharo 1.4 and I loaded Nautilus browser by doing

Gofer it
url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Nautilus';
package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
load.

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfNautilus) loadRelease.

Everything goes well, I can use Nautilus.

But I'm getting a nasty behavior when I click the history combo after seeing the groups (by the way I love this abstraction).

The nasty behavior is that all gets stuck, and for a reason I can't explain neither the user interrupt is responding.

Cpu usage goes to 100%. (An endless loop?)

I can live without the history combo but when I accidentally click it all gets stuck and i should restart pharo, get the changes I couldn't save and is totally annoying.

Should I create an issue here: http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Nautilus.html/Issues?_s=YPZfki8fT3W4N7gS&_k=zY4NNYdxCSvrutqF ?

I will investigate a little further but as I said I'm pretty new at this.

Regars,
Juan

Re: Nautilus history combo problem

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
First, thank you for your feedback :)

Honestly, I am not using 1.4 since 2.0 is released, byt I will have a look asap :)
In the mid time, could you please open an issue here: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/entry (there is a special flag "Type-Nautilus")

Thanks again,

Ben

Juan

Re: Nautilus history combo problem

Juan Ignacio Vaccarezza
Ben,
     I created the issue 5753 (I followed the  issue template and the how-to as much as it make sense for me, let me know if something is missing)
     What do you mean by "since 2.0 is released"?  is that unstable version? am I missing something?
Regards,
Juan

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Your entry is perfect :) Thanks

We have released 1.4, which means that we also have started 2.0 alpha :)

And since Nautilus is part of 2.0 I focus more on 2.0 that on 1.4 :)

Ben

On Apr 30, 2012, at 8:54 PM, Juan Ignacio Vaccarezza wrote:

[...]

graeat.

just to add more information the problem is also present on the pharo 2.0 image.

By the way Im getting closer to the problem. on NautilusUI -> wrapHistory:

Replacing "label := Text streamContents: [:s | ..."
by
                 "[label := String streamContents: [:s |..."

Works almost OK. I mean no further stuck but a ZeroDivide message pops up...

I'll continue searching for the problem... to see where I get.

Regars,
Juan.