Nautilus not garbage collected ?

CyrilFerlicot
Hi,

Yesterday I needed to browse the instances of
FTPluggableIconListMorphAdaptor and I saw that I had 117 of these.
So I browsed the instances of Nautilus and I saw I had a lot with no
window open.

On a new image I ran:

10 timesRepeat: [
|nautilus|
nautilus := Object browse.
nautilus close.
].

Then print:

10 timesRepeat: [ Smalltalk garbageCollect ].
Nautilus allInstances size.

I get 10.

If I launch the same in Pharo 4 (just replacing Nautilus by
PackageTreeNautilus) I get 0.

I checked the class that points Nautilus instances:

(Nautilus allInstances flatCollectAsSet: #pointersTo) collect: #class.

And I saw that QANautilusPlugin points to them.
If I disable QANautilusPlugin the new instances of Nautilus are garbage
collected.

I am not sure but I think this comes from the SystemAnnoucement.

Should I open a bug entry ?

--

Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

165 Avenue Bretagne
Lille 59000 France

Re: Nautilus not garbage collected ?

Uko2
Thanks Cyril. This is already solved in the upcoming version of quality assistant. But maybe we can add a test case like that, so in the future this will not repeat?

Uko

> On 29 Oct 2015, at 10:45, Ferlicot D. Cyril <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Yesterday I needed to browse the instances of
> FTPluggableIconListMorphAdaptor and I saw that I had 117 of these.
> So I browsed the instances of Nautilus and I saw I had a lot with no
> window open.
>
> On a new image I ran:
>
> 10 timesRepeat: [
> |nautilus|
> nautilus := Object browse.
> nautilus close.
> ].
>
> Then print:
>

> 10 timesRepeat: [ Smalltalk garbageCollect ].
> Nautilus allInstances size.
>
> I get 10.
>
> If I launch the same in Pharo 4 (just replacing Nautilus by
> PackageTreeNautilus) I get 0.
>
> I checked the class that points Nautilus instances:
>
> (Nautilus allInstances flatCollectAsSet: #pointersTo) collect: #class.
>
> And I saw that QANautilusPlugin points to them.
> If I disable QANautilusPlugin the new instances of Nautilus are garbage
> collected.
>
> I am not sure but I think this comes from the SystemAnnoucement.
>
> Should I open a bug entry ?
>
> --
>
> Cyril Ferlicot
>
> http://www.synectique.eu
>
> 165 Avenue Bretagne
> Lille 59000 France

Re: Nautilus not garbage collected ?

stepharo

Le 29/10/15 06:30, Yuriy Tymchuk a écrit :
> Thanks Cyril. This is already solved in the upcoming version of quality assistant. But maybe we can add a test case like that, so in the future this will not repeat?

yes excellent idea and thanks for QA!
Thanks you cyril too. It is cool to have you around.

Stef