Nautilus plugin to add chasing implementor browsing

Nautilus plugin to add chasing implementor browsing

peter h meadows-2
This is my first attempt. Did I do it right? (I'm still learning).

It works in Pharo 2.0. To test; load this code in monticello:

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/ChasingNautilusPlugin'
    user: ''
    password: ''

Open the Nautilus Plugins Manager (by clicking the drop down arrow at the top right of a nautilus window).
Add ImplementorsChasingPlugin. Then open a new nautilus window and look at a method.
Nautilus should now show you a list of all the message sends by that method.
Clicking on those shows you a list of the places they are implemented.

Is there something with this functionality already in Nautilus? I couldn't find it.

Cheers.

Re: Nautilus plugin to add chasing implementor browsing

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Great plugin :)
I am not fond of the background color :) but the functionality is nice

This behavior is not in Nautilus, that why you did not find it

Ben

On Oct 21, 2012, at 12:06 AM, peter h meadows wrote:

> This is my first attempt. Did I do it right? (I'm still learning).
>
> It works in Pharo 2.0. To test; load this code in monticello:
>
> MCHttpRepository
>     location: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/ChasingNautilusPlugin'
>     user: ''
>     password: ''
>
> Open the Nautilus Plugins Manager (by clicking the drop down arrow at the top right of a nautilus window).
> Add ImplementorsChasingPlugin. Then open a new nautilus window and look at a method.
> Nautilus should now show you a list of all the message sends by that method.
> Clicking on those shows you a list of the places they are implemented.
>
> Is there something with this functionality already in Nautilus? I couldn't find it.
>
> Cheers.

Re: Nautilus plugin to add chasing implementor browsing

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Cool, I've missed the chasing browsers... can't wait to try it out!
Thanks,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean