Nautilus shortcuts

Ben Coman

It appears in Nautilus that I've lost the <Alt-x> shortcut for deleting
a method, and this has been replaced by a double-keystroke <Alt-x,
Alt-m> which on first take I find a bit awkward.  Probably I would
adapt, however it would be easier to adapt to <Alt-x, Alt-x>.  Would
that be possible to have out of the box?

Re: Nautilus shortcuts

Camillo Bruni-3
we will introduce the old shortcuts again with a setting, until then you have
to learn them by heart ;).

Most shortcuts are base on an action prefix + a suffix for the item you want
to act on, it's not that difficult (but yes, more difficult than before):

prefix: X => removing
suffxin:
        M => Method
        T => Protocol
        C => Class
        P => Package

so in that scheme alt-x alt-x doesn't make any sense ;)

On 2013-02-03, at 07:00, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It appears in Nautilus that I've lost the <Alt-x> shortcut for deleting a method, and this has been replaced by a double-keystroke <Alt-x, Alt-m> which on first take I find a bit awkward.  Probably I would adapt, however it would be easier to adapt to <Alt-x, Alt-x>.  Would that be possible to have out of the box?

Re: Nautilus shortcuts

Ben Coman
fair enough.  I'll see how it goes.

Camillo Bruni wrote:

> we will introduce the old shortcuts again with a setting, until then you have
> to learn them by heart ;).
>
> Most shortcuts are base on an action prefix + a suffix for the item you want
> to act on, it's not that difficult (but yes, more difficult than before):
>
> prefix: X => removing
> suffxin:
> M => Method
> T => Protocol
> C => Class
> P => Package
>
> so in that scheme alt-x alt-x doesn't make any sense ;)
>

> On 2013-02-03, at 07:00, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It appears in Nautilus that I've lost the <Alt-x> shortcut for deleting a method, and this has been replaced by a double-keystroke <Alt-x, Alt-m> which on first take I find a bit awkward.  Probably I would adapt, however it would be easier to adapt to <Alt-x, Alt-x>.  Would that be possible to have out of the box?

Re: Nautilus shortcuts

EstebanLM
anyway, I will make the new keybindings optional before release 2.0 (so you can choose between new ones/old ones)