Nearly limitless Image: revisited

1 message Options

Nearly limitless Image: revisited

jgfoster
Hi Ted,

You have done a good job of describing what GemStone/S 64 Bit provides.
Your 'image' size is essentially limited to disk that can be connected to one machine.
Collection classes have been enhanced with B-Tree indexes that are automatically
updated when objects are modified.
Multiple VMs can connect to the same image and each is provided with
a consistent (isolated) view. Views are updated at transaction boundaries.
Updates are done in a transaction with each transaction recorded to a
separate log for disaster recovery.
There is no need for an external database, since you have a persistent,
transactional image that can be shared across multiple machines.
Existing users have images of hundreds of GB in size with hundreds of VMs.
Check it out at http://seaside.gemstone.com/.

James