Need VerveineJ help

Usman Bhatti
Hello,

I am running two different versions of VerveineJ and I have two different problems:

1. When running the following command from the freshly downloaded verveineJ
sh verveinej.sh -Xmx 2000m - /Users/ubhatti/Desktop/moosedata/Openbravo-3.0MP2.1/src/org/openbravo/

I get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: invalid environment settings
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTParser.getClasspath(ASTParser.java:248)
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTParser.createASTs(ASTParser.java:970)
at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.main(Unknown Source)

2. When running this command on a copy of VJ downloaded in June and running this command:

sh verveinej.sh -Xmx 4000m - /Users/ubhatti/Desktop/moosedata/Openbravo-3.0MP2.1/src/

I get:

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor23.invoke(Unknown Source)
at ch.akuhn.fame.internal.MethodAccess.write(MethodAccess.java:98)
at ch.akuhn.fame.fm3.PropertyDescription.writeAll(PropertyDescription.java:334)
at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer$Elem$Attr.maybeEnd(Importer.java:95)
at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer$Elem$Attr.endAttribute(Importer.java:85)
at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer$Elem.endAttribute(Importer.java:126)
at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer.endAttribute(Importer.java:233)
at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Parser.attributeNode(Parser.java:123)
at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Parser.elementNode(Parser.java:166)
at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Parser.accept(Parser.java:105)
at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer.readFrom(Importer.java:269)
at ch.akuhn.fame.Repository.importMSE(Repository.java:195)
at ch.akuhn.fame.Repository.importMSEFile(Repository.java:200)
at fr.inria.verveine.core.VerveineParser.linkToExisting(Unknown Source)
at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.main(Unknown Source)

The second problem is about parameterizing the VM. I have tried various parameters but its not working. I'm surely doing something wrong here but cant figure it out.

thanx in advance,

Usman

Re: Need VerveineJ help

Stéphane Ducasse
I got a lot of problem running verveineJ on my mac.

Stef

On Sep 14, 2011, at 6:30 PM, Usman Bhatti wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running two different versions of VerveineJ and I have two different problems:
>
> 1. When running the following command from the freshly downloaded verveineJ
> sh verveinej.sh -Xmx 2000m - /Users/ubhatti/Desktop/moosedata/Openbravo-3.0MP2.1/src/org/openbravo/
>
> I get:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: invalid environment settings
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTParser.getClasspath(ASTParser.java:248)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTParser.createASTs(ASTParser.java:970)
> at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.main(Unknown Source)
>
> 2. When running this command on a copy of VJ downloaded in June and running this command:
>
> sh verveinej.sh -Xmx 4000m - /Users/ubhatti/Desktop/moosedata/Openbravo-3.0MP2.1/src/
>
> I get:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
> at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor23.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.internal.MethodAccess.write(MethodAccess.java:98)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.fm3.PropertyDescription.writeAll(PropertyDescription.java:334)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer$Elem$Attr.maybeEnd(Importer.java:95)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer$Elem$Attr.endAttribute(Importer.java:85)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer$Elem.endAttribute(Importer.java:126)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer.endAttribute(Importer.java:233)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Parser.attributeNode(Parser.java:123)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Parser.elementNode(Parser.java:166)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Parser.accept(Parser.java:105)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer.readFrom(Importer.java:269)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.Repository.importMSE(Repository.java:195)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.Repository.importMSEFile(Repository.java:200)
> at fr.inria.verveine.core.VerveineParser.linkToExisting(Unknown Source)
> at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.main(Unknown Source)
>
> The second problem is about parameterizing the VM. I have tried various parameters but its not working. I'm surely doing something wrong here but cant figure it out.
>
> thanx in advance,
>
> Usman

Re: Need VerveineJ help

Tudor Girba-2
Please take a look here:
http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/java/verveineJ

The magic invocation would be:
/PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveinej.sh -Xmx 2000m -- /PATH_TO_SRC

Please let us know if it does not work.

Cheers,
Doru

On 14 Sep 2011, at 18:30, Usman Bhatti wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running two different versions of VerveineJ and I have two different problems:
>
> 1. When running the following command from the freshly downloaded verveineJ
> sh verveinej.sh -Xmx 2000m - /Users/ubhatti/Desktop/moosedata/Openbravo-3.0MP2.1/src/org/openbravo/
>
> I get:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: invalid environment settings
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTParser.getClasspath(ASTParser.java:248)
> at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTParser.createASTs(ASTParser.java:970)
> at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.main(Unknown Source)
>
> 2. When running this command on a copy of VJ downloaded in June and running this command:
>
> sh verveinej.sh -Xmx 4000m - /Users/ubhatti/Desktop/moosedata/Openbravo-3.0MP2.1/src/
>
> I get:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
> at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor23.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.internal.MethodAccess.write(MethodAccess.java:98)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.fm3.PropertyDescription.writeAll(PropertyDescription.java:334)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer$Elem$Attr.maybeEnd(Importer.java:95)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer$Elem$Attr.endAttribute(Importer.java:85)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer$Elem.endAttribute(Importer.java:126)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer.endAttribute(Importer.java:233)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Parser.attributeNode(Parser.java:123)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Parser.elementNode(Parser.java:166)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Parser.accept(Parser.java:105)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.parser.Importer.readFrom(Importer.java:269)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.Repository.importMSE(Repository.java:195)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.Repository.importMSEFile(Repository.java:200)
> at fr.inria.verveine.core.VerveineParser.linkToExisting(Unknown Source)
> at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.main(Unknown Source)
>
> The second problem is about parameterizing the VM. I have tried various parameters but its not working. I'm surely doing something wrong here but cant figure it out.
>
> thanx in advance,
>
> Usman

www.tudorgirba.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Re: Need VerveineJ help

Nicolas Anquetil

about the memroy problem, I have been working on it. The hints I can offer:

- use wisely the -Xmx option :-)
  I am surprised it accepted 4000m, I have never been able to get higher than 2000 with the sun vm and 2800 with the JRockit one. Are you sure it really uses the 4000m ?
  Also, I use the option without a space '-Xmx2500m' not sure if it makes any difference ...

- use the jrockit vm. It uses non contiguous memory and so is able to reserve (and use) more memory than the sun one.

- use incremental parsing: instead of parsing the whole project in one shot, parse sub-projects each one at a time. You need (i) to call the various parsings from the same directory so that verveinej can find the intermediary output.mse each time it runs and add new data to it ; (ii) specify the full classpath (-cp) of your project to verveinej each time so that it can links entities used in one parsing to entities found in previous parsings

About the first error, I had it a few times, but did not find time to investigate where it comes from exactly.
It is linked to passing inappropriate path(s) or file(s) as parameters.
In this case, try passing /Users/ubhatti/Desktop/moosedata/Openbravo-3.0MP2.1/src/ without the 'org/openbravo/' ...

nicolas

Re: Need VerveineJ help

Usman Bhatti
Ok, it worked. There was a mistake in the command in vm params.... two things in the following command:
 sh verveinej.sh -Xmx 2000m - PATH_2_SRC

1. no space between -Xmx  and 2000m (that is it should be: -Xmx2000m)
2. two hyphens to separate from vm options the vj options (i.e. sh verveinej.sh -Xmx2000m -- PATH_2_SRC)....

i hope it would help for future queries ...

thanx to all who helped...

Usman

Hi,