Need help about tile!!

Alberto Ferreira
I'm reading squeakbyexample and learning Smalltalk.

I want to create a tile which  return a SQRT resolution in a menu.

I.E.: When a halo is opened if we click on a "viewer  for a text object"  witch contains a number similar to NumericValue tile .

Which morphclass I need to use to create a Tile with SQRT ?

Cheers,
AlFe

Re: Need help about tile!!

K K Subbu
On Friday 17 Jun 2011 7:28:15 AM Alberto Ferreira wrote:
> I'm reading squeakbyexample and learning Smalltalk.
>
> I want to create a tile which  return a SQRT resolution in a menu.
>
> I.E.: When a halo is opened if we click on a "viewer  for a text object"
> witch contains a number similar to NumericValue tile .
NumericValue tiles in the Viewer are command/slot tiles. You need a
operator/function tile for finding square roots. You will find a SquareRoot
funtion tile in the "gold box" icon of a scriptor (the name reads "random" but
if you click the up/down arrow, you can see a list of functions one of which
is SquareRoot).

HTH .. Subbu

Re: Need help about tile!!

Karl Ramberg

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 5:01 PM, K. K. Subramaniam <kksubbu.ml@gmail.com> wrote:
On Friday 17 Jun 2011 7:28:15 AM Alberto Ferreira wrote:
> I'm reading squeakbyexample and learning Smalltalk.
>
> I want to create a tile which  return a SQRT resolution in a menu.
>
> I.E.: When a halo is opened if we click on a "viewer  for a text object"
> witch contains a number similar to NumericValue tile .
NumericValue tiles in the Viewer are command/slot tiles. You need a
operator/function tile for finding square roots. You will find a SquareRoot
funtion tile in the "gold box" icon of a scriptor (the name reads "random" but
if you click the up/down arrow, you can see a list of functions one of which
is SquareRoot).

Use the Etoys image for tile scripting  as it has advance quite a bit from the trunk version.

karl