Need help for project

priti verma
Hi,
       For my final year project i have to develop new GUI for existing software Scratch using its source code.The GUI has to be in scan mode ie various options in GUI will be highlighted one by one and only mouse click event can be used to perform different operations(designed to assist physically challenged persons).For example for a gui having 5 buttons focus will be moving from one button to other.Since i am new to squeak it is very difficult for me to proceed.If any one can provide any e-book or tutorial or some source of information how to manipulate the existing source code it will be very helpful.

Thanks
Priti

Re: Need help for project

K. K. Subramaniam
On Sunday 07 February 2010 02:57:05 am priti verma wrote:
> If any one can provide any e-book or tutorial or
> some source of information how to manipulate the existing source code it
> will be very helpful.
John Maloney's article on Morphic:
  http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/morphic.final.pdf

is a nice weekend reading. It captures the essence of Squeak's GUI framework.
You may want to keep a printed copy with you for reference.

The same web-site has a good collection of books and article compilations.

Scratch By Example (http://squeakbyexample.org/) is another good resource.

Are you working alone or in a team? Is Squeak part of the course?

HTH .. Subbu

Re: Need help for project

dcorking
On Sunday 07 February 2010 02:57:05 am priti verma wrote:
>> If any one can provide any e-book or tutorial or
>> some source of information how to manipulate the existing source code it
>> will be very helpful.

The Scratch Source Code kit was only released recently.  Before then,
Jens Moenig was leader of a kind of 'underground' to modify the source
of Scratch.  His explanation of how he built BYOB is linked here

http://www.chirp.scratchr.org/blog/?p=19

He also documents methods to 'break into' Scratch that you should skip
with the source code kit.

His blog and his alternative source code kit is here
http://www.chirp.scratchr.org/blog/

Re: Need help for project

priti verma
Thanks blogs and article were really helpful.
Still if some one have some more book it will be great help.

Re: Need help for project

Alex Schenkman
Just in case you have missed this one...

Squeak by Example
Squeak by Example, intended for both students and developers, will guide you gently through the Squeak language and environment by means of a series of ...
http://squeakbyexample.org/