Need help with Pharo 1.4 packages.

irfankhan1
Hello,

I am new to smalltalk and I have a project with was written on Pharo 1.3 and I want to move it to pharo 1.4 or possible Pharo 2.0,It  depends on few packages like:

Display Scanner under Deprecated13
Sound-Scores
Sound-Settings
Sound-Synthesis
SoundMorphicUserInterface

These are no more in Pharo 1.4,So is there a way i can replace these which will do the job on Pharo 1.4

Thanks,
Irfan.

Re: Need help with Pharo 1.4 packages.

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:13 PM, irfankhan1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I am new to smalltalk and I have a project with was written on Pharo 1.3 and
I want to move it to pharo 1.4 or possible Pharo 2.0,It  depends on few
packages like:

Display Scanner under Deprecated13
Sound-Scores
Sound-Settings
Sound-Synthesis
SoundMorphicUserInterface

Maybe they are in http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoNonCorePackages  or PharoSound.
check there

These are no more in Pharo 1.4,So is there a way i can replace these which
will do the job on Pharo 1.4

Thanks,
Irfan.

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Need help with Pharo 1.4 packages.

Marcus Denker-4

On May 30, 2012, at 4:14 PM, irfankhan1 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to smalltalk and I have a project with was written on Pharo 1.3 and
> I want to move it to pharo 1.4 or possible Pharo 2.0,It  depends on few
> packages like:
>
> Display Scanner under Deprecated13

What are you using from DisplayScanner? Maybe MultiDisplayScanner can do
what you need.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: Need help with Pharo 1.4 packages.

irfankhan1
Thanks for help really appreciate  that solved my problem,

I am still stuck with this package called HostMenus-Mac   the project which i am trying to move on to Pharo 1.4, guy who wrote this project used startUp class method from this package,Any alternative i can use to replace this in Pharo 1.4

Thanks,
Irfan.

Re: Need help with Pharo 1.4 packages.

Igor Stasenko
On 14 June 2012 05:33, irfankhan1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for help really appreciate  that solved my problem,
>
> I am still stuck with this package called HostMenus-Mac   the project which
> i am trying to move on to Pharo 1.4, guy who wrote this project used startUp
> class method from this package,Any alternative i can use to replace this in
> Pharo 1.4

im not sure i understood what he uses?
If project uses host menus , there is no replacement: we removed it.

> Thanks,
> Irfan.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Need help with Pharo 1.4 packages.

irfankhan1
to be  precise uses  startUp method of HostSystemMenus class of HostMenus-Mac package.

If there is no replacement do i have to manually create this package for pharo 1.4??

thanks,
Irfan.

On 14 June 2012 17:49, irfankhan1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> to be  precise uses  startUp method of HostSystemMenus class of HostMenus-Mac
> package.

what you mean "uses startUp method"?
do you override this method? or just sending a message to it?

Do you need features provided by this code or not?

> If there is no replacement do i have to manually create this package for
> pharo 1.4??
>

> thanks,
> Irfan.

Best regards,