Net::Telnet equivalent

Elliot Finley
Hello,

     In the past when I've wanted to automate some telnet interaction (provisioning devices from database) I've used Perl and its Net::Telnet module or Ruby and its Net::Telnet module.  Is there an equivalent for Pharo?

Thanks,
Elliot

Re: Net::Telnet equivalent

jaayer

---- On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:59:07 -0800 Elliot Finley  wrote ----

>Hello,
>
>     In the past when I've wanted to automate some telnet interaction (provisioning devices from database) I've used Perl and its Net::Telnet module or Ruby and its Net::Telnet module.  Is there an equivalent for Pharo?
>

>Thanks,
>Elliot

There is a cURL plugin for Squeak and Pharo that supports telnet interaction: http://www.squeaksource.com/CurlPlugin/

cbc

Re: Net::Telnet equivalent

cbc
There is the old telnet client from Ian P (
http://map.squeak.org/package/14bcecc6-dbb8-4866-bb0c-25278ca882ba ).
If you are interested, I could send you a copy of the change set.  I
have used this (which some modifications) for automated telnet
interaction in the past.

I would undoubtedly need some modifications to work in Pharo (or even
modern Squeak).
-Chris

Re: Net::Telnet equivalent

It would be nice to publish it on squeaksource.
Can you send the code to us?

Stef

On Nov 24, 2010, at 8:42 PM, Chris Cunningham wrote:

> There is the old telnet client from Ian P (
> http://map.squeak.org/package/14bcecc6-dbb8-4866-bb0c-25278ca882ba ).
> If you are interested, I could send you a copy of the change set.  I
> have used this (which some modifications) for automated telnet
> interaction in the past.
>
> I would undoubtedly need some modifications to work in Pharo (or even
> modern Squeak).
> -Chris

cbc

Re: Net::Telnet equivalent

cbc
Here is the code.

-Chris

telnet.301.cs.gz (65K) Download Attachment

Re: Net::Telnet equivalent

tx
On Nov 25, 2010, at 6:52 PM, Chris Cunningham wrote:

> Here is the code.
>
> -Chris
> <telnet.301.cs.gz>

Re: Net::Telnet equivalent

Elliot Finley
thanks

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Chris Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Here is the code.

-Chris