NetNameResolver class >> useOldNetwork

Dale
Is there a rationale for why one would need to set UseOldNetwork to true in NetNameResolver.

Using the 1.0beta on my laptop at home (OpenSuse) NetNameResolver works fine.

On my machine at work (Ubuntu) the 1.0beta needs UseOldNetwork set to false to resolve names. It prints 'getaddrinfo: Name or service not known' to standard out unless UseOldNetwork is set to true.

I've found a couple of interesting issues when poking around in NetNameResolver (I'll submit bug reports shortly):

  - UseOldNetwork is a not a a class var in NetNameResolver
  - instances of SocketAddress fail when printing probably because they are calling
    NetNameResolver primitives directly and should be calling the 'old' primitives

I am using the latest linux vm in both cases and in earlier versions of Pharo I didn't have to monkey with UseOldNetwork to get network connectivity.

Dale

Re: NetNameResolver class >> useOldNetwork

Dale
Okay,

I see that this is related to http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=794 and I suppose I am lucky the UseOldNetwork is working for me...

Dale