NetNameResolver - too much cleaning?

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

There is no good way to get an address given a name :(  I tried "borrowing" code from 3.9 and was roundly punished: it hangs miserably.  Any ideas?

Bill

Re: NetNameResolver - too much cleaning?

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Bill

It seems to work for me (Mac 4.1.1beta2U):
NetNameResolver addressForName: 'pharo-project.org' -->
212.103.66.211(one),0(0)

Doesn't that work for you or are you trying something else?

Adrian

On Jun 6, 2009, at 01:22 , Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> There is no good way to get an address given a name :(  I tried
> "borrowing" code from 3.9 and was roundly punished: it hangs
> miserably.  Any ideas?
>
> Bill

Re: NetNameResolver - too much cleaning?

Carlos Crosetti-4
mee too (win xp)

NetNameResolver addressForName: 'pharo-project.org'
212.103.66.211(212.103.66.211),0(0)

but there is a console message tracing to disabble pressing F2, firs time I
se that...

It seems to work for me (Mac 4.1.1beta2U):
NetNameResolver addressForName: 'pharo-project.org' -->
212.103.66.211(one),0(0)

Doesn't that work for you or are you trying something else?

Adrian

On Jun 6, 2009, at 01:22 , Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> There is no good way to get an address given a name :(  I tried
> "borrowing" code from 3.9 and was roundly punished: it hangs
> miserably.  Any ideas?
>
> Bill

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.

Re: NetNameResolver - too much cleaning?

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Adrian,

Sorry, I described the wrong problem: it's the other direction (name from address) that is missing.  At least on win32, I found it necessary to use both lookups to get fully qualified names, especially for the local host.