New Cog VMs available

Eliot Miranda-2

Noe tat there is a JIT bug in the 64-bit VMs which I shall look at this week.

CogVM binaries as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.1697/r3630

General:
Fix serious bug in jitted perform: primitive.  Thanks to Stephane Ducasse for
finding and to Levente Uzoni for diagnosing the bug.  If the argument count
is one greater than the max number of register arguments (2 in Spur, hence
perform:with:with:) then the code to remove the receiver and arguments from
the stack neglects to remove the receiver and selector.

Spur:
Fix bug in markAndTraceWeaklingsFrom:.  Fields of weaklings may be immediate
so must use followOopField:ofObject: not followObjField:ofObject:.

When weaklings (and when ephemerons) are scan-marked forwarders must be coped
with.

64-bit VMs:
Fix a bug in printHex: for 64-bits (faulty arithmetic).

ThreadedFFIPlugin:
Fix the remaining 64-bit issues in the ThreadedFFIPlugin.  The X64SysVFFIPlugin
now passes the test suite.  Hence include the FFI plugin in 64-bit VMs.

Mac VMs:
Have the Mac OS X build install Localizable.strings.  Add versions for
Newspeak, Pharo and Squeak.  Rename the key to SelectImagePanePrompt.
Temporarily disable the Serial plugin in the Pharo Mac VM until we can track
down the relevant platforms/iOS support for the Pharo extensions.

Fix argument access on the iOS platform (Mac OS VMs).

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: New Cog VMs available

Stéphane Rollandin
> General:
> Fix serious bug in jitted perform: primitive.  Thanks to Stephane
> Ducasse for
> finding and to Levente Uzoni for diagnosing the bug.

It's another Stef :)

Stef (Rollandin)

Re: New Cog VMs available

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Stéphane,

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 12:39 AM, Stéphane Rollandin <[hidden email]> wrote:
General:
Fix serious bug in jitted perform: primitive.  Thanks to Stephane
Ducasse for
finding and to Levente Uzoni for diagnosing the bug.

It's another Stef :)

Yes, I'm sorry.  Forgive me.  Too much haste.

Stef (Rollandin)

best, Eliot