New Mars examples: Package Browser and Test Runner

New Mars examples: Package Browser and Test Runner

Carla F. Griggio
Hi everyone!
I want to let you know that I've just posted a screencast in my blog about the new Mars Package Browser and Test Runner
These examples are not really intended as being the definitive package browser or test runner, but to start experiencing how is it to build a real application using Mars and to showcase some widgets. Anyway, it's cool :) The Package browser is not so different to the system browser example I showed before, but the Test Runner is definitely my favorite example so far.

I give more details in the screencast and the blog post. Any feedback is appreciated!

Cheers,
Carla.

MarsPackageBrowserAndTestRunner.png (398K) Download Attachment

Re: New Mars examples: Package Browser and Test Runner

Esteban A. Maringolo
I love native windowing. This looks really well!

This statement from your blog:
"Now I really think that “more hands” should be involved to grow and improve this working version."

It is really important. There are lots of interesting projects and tools that were practically abandoned because the creator dedicated his/her time to something new. Pareto principle everywhere.

Thank you!

Esteban A. Maringolo

2013/9/23 Carla F. Griggio <[hidden email]>
Hi everyone!
I want to let you know that I've just posted a screencast in my blog about the new Mars Package Browser and Test Runner
These examples are not really intended as being the definitive package browser or test runner, but to start experiencing how is it to build a real application using Mars and to showcase some widgets. Anyway, it's cool :) The Package browser is not so different to the system browser example I showed before, but the Test Runner is definitely my favorite example so far.

I give more details in the screencast and the blog post. Any feedback is appreciated!

Cheers,
Carla.

Re: [Esug-list] New Mars examples: Package Browser and Test Runner

laurent laffont
Hi Carla,

this is cool ! Is there a ready Pharo + Mars image built by jenkins server ?

Cheers,

Laurent

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 4:42 AM, Carla F. Griggio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone!
I want to let you know that I've just posted a screencast in my blog about the new Mars Package Browser and Test Runner
These examples are not really intended as being the definitive package browser or test runner, but to start experiencing how is it to build a real application using Mars and to showcase some widgets. Anyway, it's cool :) The Package browser is not so different to the system browser example I showed before, but the Test Runner is definitely my favorite example so far.

I give more details in the screencast and the blog post. Any feedback is appreciated!

Cheers,
Carla.

Re: New Mars examples: Package Browser and Test Runner

Damien Cassou
Hi Carla, you did a really great job, thank you. For the Jenkins
stuff, you need to create an account on http://ci.inria.fr/ and ask to
be a member of the pharo-contribution project.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."