New OpenGL binding using AlienFFI

Fernando olivero
Hi,

I just released a new OpenGL binding framework we implemented using Alien.

This is the squeaksource address http://www.squeaksource.com/AlienOpenGL.html

Saludos,
Fernando

Lumiere 1.0

Fernando olivero
I'm glad to announce the  release of Lumiere 1.0. A framework for producing 3D graphics in Smalltalk.

In the home page you can find loading information,  documentation, and also will be posting some tutorials in the next days.

Any questions, comments are welcomed!

Fernando

Hi,

I just released a new OpenGL binding framework we implemented using Alien.

This is the squeaksource address http://www.squeaksource.com/AlienOpenGL.html

Saludos,
Fernando

Re: New OpenGL binding using AlienFFI

Johan Brichau
Congrats Fernando with the hard work! This looks great.

On 08 Sep 2009, at 11:51, Fernando olivero wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just released a new OpenGL binding framework we implemented using
> Alien.
>
> This is the homepage http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/olivero/AlienOpenGL.html
> .
>
> This is the squeaksource address http://www.squeaksource.com/AlienOpenGL.html
>

> Saludos,
> Fernando

----------------------------
Johan Brichau

Re: Lumiere 1.0

LawsonEnglish
Looks promising. The AlienOpenGL loader script worked fine. However, I
tried to evaluate ScriptLoader loadLatestPackage: 'LumiereLoader' from:
'http://www.squeaksource.com/Lumiere'.

and got the error "problems when accessing squeaksource"

Fernando olivero wrote:

> I'm glad to announce the  release of Lumiere 1.0. A framework for
> producing 3D graphics in Smalltalk.
>
> Home page:  http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/olivero/Lumier.html
>
> Squeaksource: http://www.squeaksource.com/AlienOpenGL.html
>
> In the home page you can find loading information,  documentation, and
> also will be posting some tutorials in the next days.
>
> Any questions, comments are welcomed!
>
> Fernando
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I just released a new OpenGL binding framework we implemented using
>> Alien.
>>
>> This is the
>> homepage http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/olivero/AlienOpenGL.html.
>>
>> This is the squeaksource
>> address http://www.squeaksource.com/AlienOpenGL.html
>>

>> Saludos,
>> Fernando

Re: Lumiere 1.0

Tudor Girba-3
Great news, Fernando!

I just could not find the download for the IA32ABI plugin. You point
to http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html, but on this page
there is no mention of the plugin.

Cheers,
Doru

On 8 Sep 2009, at 12:34, Fernando olivero wrote:

> I'm glad to announce the  release of Lumiere 1.0. A framework for
> producing 3D graphics in Smalltalk.
>
> Home page:  http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/olivero/Lumier.html
>
> Squeaksource: http://www.squeaksource.com/AlienOpenGL.html
>
> In the home page you can find loading information,  documentation,
> and also will be posting some tutorials in the next days.
>
> Any questions, comments are welcomed!
>
> Fernando
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I just released a new OpenGL binding framework we implemented using
>> Alien.
>>
>> This is the homepage http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/olivero/AlienOpenGL.html
>> .
>>
>> This is the squeaksource address http://www.squeaksource.com/AlienOpenGL.html
>>

>> Saludos,
>> Fernando

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: Lumiere 1.0

Tudor Girba-3
Hmm, indeed the Lumiere repository seems to be empty.

Doru

On 8 Sep 2009, at 12:57, Lawson English wrote:

> Looks promising. The AlienOpenGL loader script worked fine. However, I
> tried to evaluate ScriptLoader loadLatestPackage: 'LumiereLoader'
> from:
> 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Lumiere'.
>
> and got the error "problems when accessing squeaksource"
>
> Fernando olivero wrote:
>> I'm glad to announce the  release of Lumiere 1.0. A framework for
>> producing 3D graphics in Smalltalk.
>>
>> Home page:  http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/olivero/Lumier.html
>>
>> Squeaksource: http://www.squeaksource.com/AlienOpenGL.html
>>
>> In the home page you can find loading information,  documentation,
>> and
>> also will be posting some tutorials in the next days.
>>
>> Any questions, comments are welcomed!
>>
>> Fernando
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just released a new OpenGL binding framework we implemented using
>>> Alien.
>>>
>>> This is the
>>> homepage http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/olivero/AlienOpenGL.html.
>>>
>>> This is the squeaksource
>>> address http://www.squeaksource.com/AlienOpenGL.html
>>>

>>> Saludos,
>>> Fernando

www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."

Re: Lumiere 1.0

LawsonEnglish
Tudor Girba wrote:

> Great news, Fernando!
>
> I just could not find the download for the IA32ABI plugin. You point
> to http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html, but on this page
> there is no mention of the plugin.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru

Apparently the IA32ABI plugin is already available in the latest
Pharo/Seaside+Pier (09.09.1) image from

http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download

At least with the latest Mac OS X VM from the same page.

Not getting Lumier to load however, though the AlienOpenGL package runs
fine.

Lawson

Re: Lumiere 1.0

Tudor Girba-3

Actually it is probably not empty, but the repository settings say that:
Global: No Access

Thus, if we are not registered as developers we do not have access.
You probably want to allow read access for everyone.

And another question: What is the license? Given that none is
specified on the repository, I would have to assume that it is not
open or free to use :).

Cheers,
Doru

On 8 Sep 2009, at 13:02, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hmm, indeed the Lumiere repository seems to be empty.
>
> Doru
>

> On 8 Sep 2009, at 12:57, Lawson English wrote:
>
>> Looks promising. The AlienOpenGL loader script worked fine.
>> However, I
>> tried to evaluate ScriptLoader loadLatestPackage: 'LumiereLoader'
>> from:
>> 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Lumiere'.
>>
>> and got the error "problems when accessing squeaksource"
>>
>> Fernando olivero wrote:
>>> I'm glad to announce the  release of Lumiere 1.0. A framework for
>>> producing 3D graphics in Smalltalk.
>>>
>>> Home page:  http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/olivero/Lumier.html
>>>
>>> Squeaksource: http://www.squeaksource.com/AlienOpenGL.html
>>>
>>> In the home page you can find loading information,  documentation,
>>> and
>>> also will be posting some tutorials in the next days.
>>>
>>> Any questions, comments are welcomed!
>>>
>>> Fernando

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: Lumiere 1.0

Tudor Girba-3
Ahh, indeed it is there :). Thanks.

Doru

On 8 Sep 2009, at 13:05, Lawson English wrote:

> Tudor Girba wrote:
>> Great news, Fernando!
>>
>> I just could not find the download for the IA32ABI plugin. You point
>> to http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html, but on this page
>> there is no mention of the plugin.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

> Apparently the IA32ABI plugin is already available in the latest
> Pharo/Seaside+Pier (09.09.1) image from
>
> http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download
>
> At least with the latest Mac OS X VM from the same page.
>
> Not getting Lumier to load however, though the AlienOpenGL package
> runs
> fine.
>

> Lawson

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: Lumiere 1.0

Fernando olivero
Thanks for all the comments.

In John's web page there's a link for accessing the FTP folder where he put the plugins and vm he releases. ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com.
Sorry for not clarifying this sooner. I'll upload the plugin to the home page now, a more direct download.

And yes, i forgot to put the Read acces! Done now.  Thanks for the advice!

Regarding the license, its free. I put the MIT license now.

Fernando

Tudor Girba wrote:
Great news, Fernando!

I just could not find the download for the IA32ABI plugin. You point
to http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html, but on this page
there is no mention of the plugin.

Cheers,
Doru

Apparently the IA32ABI plugin is already available in the latest
Pharo/Seaside+Pier (09.09.1) image from

http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download

At least with the latest Mac OS X VM from the same page.

Not getting Lumier to load however, though the AlienOpenGL package
runs
fine.

Lawson

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: Lumiere 1.0

johnmci
The IA32ABI (Alien) is included in the Squeak 4.2.1beta1U.app
which all squeak/seaside/pharo folks should be using...

--
=
=

Re: Lumiere 1.0

LawsonEnglish
Tried to load Lumier again. This time the error was : Error: THis
version of ALIEN assumes a size of 50 in the array of special objects.
If loaded, woud cause the image to crash! Please contact the Alien
package developer...

Fernando olivero wrote:

> Thanks for all the comments.
>
> In John's web page there's a link for accessing the FTP folder where
> he put the plugins and vm he releases. ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com.
> Sorry for not clarifying this sooner. I'll upload the plugin to the
> home page now, a more direct download.
>
> And yes, i forgot to put the Read acces! Done now.  Thanks for the advice!
>
> Regarding the license, its free. I put the MIT license now.
>
> Fernando

Re: Lumiere 1.0

Fernando olivero
Please load Lumiere  in a fresh image, this is an Alien related problem.

When you try to load Alien twice you get this error, because loading
Alien increases the size of the Smalltalk objects array by two.

I'm going to fix this now, for the AlienOpenGL loader to not try to
load Alien if is already present in the image.

Fernando

Il giorno Sep 8, 2009, alle ore 3:59 PM, Lawson English ha scritto:

> Tried to load Lumier again. This time the error was : Error: THis
> version of ALIEN assumes a size of 50 in the array of special objects.
> If loaded, woud cause the image to crash! Please contact the Alien
> package developer...
>

> Fernando olivero wrote:
>> Thanks for all the comments.
>>
>> In John's web page there's a link for accessing the FTP folder where
>> he put the plugins and vm he releases. ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com.
>> Sorry for not clarifying this sooner. I'll upload the plugin to the
>> home page now, a more direct download.
>>
>> And yes, i forgot to put the Read acces! Done now.  Thanks for the
>> advice!
>>
>> Regarding the license, its free. I put the MIT license now.
>>
>> Fernando

Re: Lumiere 1.0

Tudor Girba-3
Indeed, it works in my case.

Cheers,
Doru

On 8 Sep 2009, at 16:14, Fernando olivero wrote:

> Please load Lumiere  in a fresh image, this is an Alien related
> problem.
>

> When you try to load Alien twice you get this error, because loading
> Alien increases the size of the Smalltalk objects array by two.
>
> I'm going to fix this now, for the AlienOpenGL loader to not try to
> load Alien if is already present in the image.
>
> Fernando
>

> Il giorno Sep 8, 2009, alle ore 3:59 PM, Lawson English ha scritto:
>
>> Tried to load Lumier again. This time the error was : Error: THis
>> version of ALIEN assumes a size of 50 in the array of special
>> objects.
>> If loaded, woud cause the image to crash! Please contact the Alien
>> package developer...
>>

>> Fernando olivero wrote:
>>> Thanks for all the comments.
>>>
>>> In John's web page there's a link for accessing the FTP folder where
>>> he put the plugins and vm he releases. ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com.
>>> Sorry for not clarifying this sooner. I'll upload the plugin to the
>>> home page now, a more direct download.
>>>
>>> And yes, i forgot to put the Read acces! Done now.  Thanks for the
>>> advice!
>>>
>>> Regarding the license, its free. I put the MIT license now.
>>>
>>> Fernando

www.tudorgirba.com

"Don't give to get. Just give."