New Pharo based on core 10318 with antialiased fonts

123

New Pharo based on core 10318 with antialiased fonts

Damien Cassou
New Pharo: http://pharo-project.org/download

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: New Pharo based on core 10318 with antialiased fonts

ramiro.diaz.trepat
Hi Damien,
A couple of trivial questions
Is OCompletion integrated in this version?  In the previous version it had stopped suggesting.
Do you know if Seaside 2.9 works with the new Pharo / closures ?
Cheers, and thanks for all this great dev images.

r.

Re: New Pharo based on core 10318 with antialiased fonts

Damien Cassou
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Ramiro Diaz Trepat
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is OCompletion integrated in this version?  In the previous version it had stopped suggesting.

It should work. If that's not the case please tell Romain Robbes about it.

> Do you know if Seaside 2.9 works with the new Pharo / closures ?

It should work. Please report any problem on Pharo or Seaside mailing lists.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: New Pharo based on core 10318 with antialiased fonts

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes we should really have beta testers. Sorry for the bugs but knowing
them is the only way to kill them.

Stef

On May 27, 2009, at 12:04 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Ramiro Diaz Trepat
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is OCompletion integrated in this version?  In the previous version
>> it had stopped suggesting.
>
> It should work. If that's not the case please tell Romain Robbes
> about it.
>
>> Do you know if Seaside 2.9 works with the new Pharo / closures ?
>
> It should work. Please report any problem on Pharo or Seaside
> mailing lists.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: New Pharo based on core 10318 with antialiased fonts

Romain Robbes
Hi Ramiro,

In which version was OCompletion not working for you?

        Romain

On May 27, 2009, at 11:53 AM, Ramiro Diaz Trepat wrote:

> Hi Damien,
> A couple of trivial questions
> Is OCompletion integrated in this version?  In the previous version
> it had stopped suggesting.
> Do you know if Seaside 2.9 works with the new Pharo / closures ?
> Cheers, and thanks for all this great dev images.
>
> r.

Romain Robbes
http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/robbes

Re: New Pharo based on core 10318 with antialiased fonts

ramiro.diaz.trepat
In the latest version before the one Damien published today.
It was not working neither on the workspace nor on OmbiBrowser, although the underlining showed while typing.
I can try the new image image when I get home tonight, and if you can't reproduce it, may be I can send you my image somehow.
Cheers

r.

In which version was OCompletion not working for you?

        Romain

On May 27, 2009, at 11:53 AM, Ramiro Diaz Trepat wrote:

> Hi Damien,
> A couple of trivial questions
> Is OCompletion integrated in this version?  In the previous version
> it had stopped suggesting.
> Do you know if Seaside 2.9 works with the new Pharo / closures ?
> Cheers, and thanks for all this great dev images.
>
> r.

Simon Denier-3
Hi Romain

I didnt take time to notice you, but ECompletionOmniBrowser is missing
in the Pharo distrib, hence it does not work at all in OB unless you
install it.

On 27 mai 09, at 13:31, Romain Robbes wrote:

> Hi Ramiro,
>
> In which version was OCompletion not working for you?
>
> Romain
>
> On May 27, 2009, at 11:53 AM, Ramiro Diaz Trepat wrote:
>
>> Hi Damien,
>> A couple of trivial questions
>> Is OCompletion integrated in this version?  In the previous version
>> it had stopped suggesting.
>> Do you know if Seaside 2.9 works with the new Pharo / closures ?
>> Cheers, and thanks for all this great dev images.
>>
>> r.

  Simon

Re: New Pharo based on core 10318 with antialiased fonts

Romain Robbes
Oh ok. Indeed I noticed it works in the workspace, but not in OB.
How can we fix this? Just by including ECompletionOmniBrowser in the
distribution?

        Romain

On 27 mai 09, at 14:49, Romain Robbes wrote:

> Oh ok. Indeed I noticed it works in the workspace, but not in OB.
> How can we fix this? Just by including ECompletionOmniBrowser in the
> distribution?

Yes, installing ECompletionOmniBrowser  before OCompletion should do
the trick.
Also It didnt work in the workspace in the previous Pharo, but now it
seems ok.
Finally another bug has disappeared: duplication/shift of beginning
characters when completing directly (from 'aVar', I would get
'aaVariable' when pressing tab if the first choice is ok - that was
annoying)

On May 27, 2009, at 3:37 PM, Simon Denier wrote:

> On 27 mai 09, at 14:49, Romain Robbes wrote:
>
>> Oh ok. Indeed I noticed it works in the workspace, but not in OB.
>> How can we fix this? Just by including ECompletionOmniBrowser in the
>> distribution?
>
> Yes, installing ECompletionOmniBrowser  before OCompletion should do
> the trick.
> Also It didnt work in the workspace in the previous Pharo, but now it
> seems ok.
> Finally another bug has disappeared: duplication/shift of beginning
> characters when completing directly (from 'aVar', I would get
> 'aaVariable' when pressing tab if the first choice is ok - that was
> annoying)

When did that one last disappear? It was supposed to be gone for a
long time ...

        Romain

On 27 mai 09, at 15:42, Romain Robbes wrote:

> On May 27, 2009, at 3:37 PM, Simon Denier wrote:
>

>> On 27 mai 09, at 14:49, Romain Robbes wrote:
>>
>>> Oh ok. Indeed I noticed it works in the workspace, but not in OB.
>>> How can we fix this? Just by including ECompletionOmniBrowser in the
>>> distribution?
>>
>> Yes, installing ECompletionOmniBrowser  before OCompletion should do
>> the trick.
>> Also It didnt work in the workspace in the previous Pharo, but now it
>> seems ok.
>> Finally another bug has disappeared: duplication/shift of beginning
>> characters when completing directly (from 'aVar', I would get
>> 'aaVariable' when pressing tab if the first choice is ok - that was
>> annoying)
>>

> When did that one last disappear? It was supposed to be gone for a
> long time ...

I have the bug in 10309. Maybe related to Sensor fixes.

> Romain
>

>>> Romain

OCompletion feedback

Henrik Sperre Johansen
First let me say,  I  love OCompletion, first time I've found completion
in Smalltalk actually helpful!
Here's a few things I found a bit of though:
- Font for OCompletion inherits ECompletion's behaviour of being
hardcoded (O(X)MenuMorph class >>messageFont/titleFont), would it be
possible to change them to one of the settable font-preferences?
(Balloon-help font f.ex.)
- Suggestions do not seem to be case-sensitive, even if you use
uppercase in your writing. (writing f.ex. Ope lists open)
- Words you've fully written are still included in suggestion list.
(f.ex. open)
- If a new character excludes items in the suggestion list, they are
removed, but entries not in the OCompletion cache (but in the extended
list) are not added to suggestions. - Type in enough characters to make
the cached suggetions empty, and the extended list becomes unavailiable...
- If I select to write out the entire message name (say openMenuFor: ),
then hit space, the entry is not added to top of OCompletion suggestions
for "open".
- Two above aren't very annoying, but as far as I can tell, combined
they mean the only way to add new items to the OCompletion cache is if
you select it from the extended list.

Cheers,
Henry

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, installing ECompletionOmniBrowser  before OCompletion should do
> the trick.

Could you please check Romain and tell me so that I can update the script?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Issue 832

Gary Chambers-4
Performance of UI seems poor after 832 integration.

Regards, Gary

Re: Issue 832

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks for reporting.
Henrik?
I could rollback the changes.

Stef

On May 27, 2009, at 6:25 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Performance of UI seems poor after 832 integration.

> Regards, Gary

Re: Issue 832

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

That would be nice for a temporary measure at least, because the performance really has suffered.  Assuming you roll back, would it be enough to update my 10303 image?

Bill

On May 27, 2009, at 6:25 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Performance of UI seems poor after 832 integration.

> Regards, Gary

Re: New Pharo based on core 10318 with antialiased fonts

nchillo
Hi.
I recently download the new 10318 development image and it seems the
OBTextSelection>>isClassNode MNU is not fixed yet.
(See http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2009-May/008782.html)
I just want to remind it for you to fix it because it would be a really pity to release a version with such a silly error.
Thanks and excellent work.
Nicolas

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, installing ECompletionOmniBrowser  before OCompletion should do
> the trick.

Could you please check Romain and tell me so that I can update the script?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: New Pharo based on core 10318 with antialiased fonts

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Nicolas,

Could you open an issue in the tracker? This would significantly
decrease the risk that the bug gets forgotten.

Thanks,
Adrian

On May 27, 2009, at 20:05 , Nicolas Chillo wrote:

> Hi.
> I recently download the new 10318 development image and it seems the
> OBTextSelection>>isClassNode MNU is not fixed yet.
> (See
> http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2009-May/008782.html)
> I just want to remind it for you to fix it because it would be a
> really pity
> to release a version with such a silly error.
> Thanks and excellent work.
> Nicolas
>
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Yes, installing ECompletionOmniBrowser  before OCompletion should do
>>> the trick.
>>
>> Could you please check Romain and tell me so that I can update the
>> script?
>>
>> --
>> Damien Cassou
>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>
>> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
>> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: New Pharo based on core 10318 with antialiased fonts

nchillo
Ready.

Nicolas

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nicolas,

Could you open an issue in the tracker? This would significantly
decrease the risk that the bug gets forgotten.

Thanks,
Adrian

On May 27, 2009, at 20:05 , Nicolas Chillo wrote:

> Hi.
> I recently download the new 10318 development image and it seems the
> OBTextSelection>>isClassNode MNU is not fixed yet.
> (See
> http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2009-May/008782.html)
> I just want to remind it for you to fix it because it would be a
> really pity
> to release a version with such a silly error.
> Thanks and excellent work.
> Nicolas
>
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Yes, installing ECompletionOmniBrowser  before OCompletion should do
>>> the trick.
>>
>> Could you please check Romain and tell me so that I can update the
>> script?
>>
>> --
>> Damien Cassou
>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>
>> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
>> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: New Pharo based on core 10318 with antialiased fonts

Adrian Lienhard
Thanks.
No let's hope some OB maintainer picks it up...

Adrian