New Pharo based on core 10418

Damien Cassou
Here is a fresh new Pharo http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download

This version contains the two browsers: one based on the categories
and one based on packages. To change the default one, open a browser
and click on the right-most button in the title bar.

Happy Pharoing

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: New Pharo based on core 10418

Stéphane Ducasse
Youpi!
Tx david/lukas/all :)
Stef
On Aug 26, 2009, at 6:00 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> Here is a fresh new Pharo http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download
>
> This version contains the two browsers: one based on the categories
> and one based on packages. To change the default one, open a browser
> and click on the right-most button in the title bar.
>
> Happy Pharoing
>

> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: New Pharo based on core 10418

Schwab,Wilhelm K
I just downloaded it.  Re browsers and hierarchies, this indeed might be the solution for me.

The win2k theme buttons are still sometimes reversed in state; I forget where that problem lives, but it's still with us.  Right clicking in the browsers gives the #isClassNode and then #isMethodNode walkbacks.

Bill

On Aug 26, 2009, at 6:00 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> Here is a fresh new Pharo http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download
>
> This version contains the two browsers: one based on the categories
> and one based on packages. To change the default one, open a browser
> and click on the right-most button in the title bar.
>
> Happy Pharoing
>

> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: New Pharo based on core 10418

Ramiro Diaz Trepat-2
Thanks Damien !

r.

FW: New Pharo based on core 10418

Schwab,Wilhelm K

Damien,

It wasn't hard, but I wonder whether I might have changed the default browser.  Is there a way to determine the current setting for that?

I will try to repeat the process later this AM.

Bill

Re: FW: New Pharo based on core 10418

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Damien,

Sorry about the delay, but first things first: does "University Parking" mean anything to anyone?  Its right up there with congressional ethics.  With that problem averted I started over and easily reproduced the problem.  This is on xp:

1) put the vm and Pharo beta image and changes in a folder
2) using exploder, drag the image over the vm
3) no need to change any preferences
4) click on the Pharo desktop, open a browser
5) select the first category, class and method you see
6) "right click" in the source pane; the another bug I had
   to use the mouse wheel to get a response
7) The promised walkback should appear instead of the menu

Sorry if this is a false alarm, but I can't see what I could be doing wrong.

Bill

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry about the delay, but first things first: does "University Parking" mean anything to anyone?  Its right up there with congressional ethics.  With that problem averted I started over and easily reproduced the problem.  This is on xp:
>
> 1) put the vm and Pharo beta image and changes in a folder
> 2) using exploder, drag the image over the vm
> 3) no need to change any preferences
> 4) click on the Pharo desktop, open a browser
> 5) select the first category, class and method you see
> 6) "right click" in the source pane; the another bug I had
>   to use the mouse wheel to get a response
> 7) The promised walkback should appear instead of the menu
>
> Sorry if this is a false alarm, but I can't see what I could be doing wrong.

Fixed in

Name: OB-Standard-DaminCassou.430
Author: DaminCassou
Time: 27 August 2009, 4:03:30 pm
UUID: e7454654-3dad-4520-a7d1-59c87b2b2908
Ancestors: OB-Standard-DamienCassou.429

- Adds OBTextSelection>>isClassNode and #isMethodNode