New Pharo-dev AND web based on 10250

Damien Cassou
Hi,

I've just uploaded pharo-dev and pharo-web based on 10250. Please try
them and tell me. http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/Downloads.

If you have a recent VM with the FT2Plugin and the DejaVu font,
execute the following: (you can of course change the font name to
something else)

|font codeFont|
font := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Serif' pointSize: 10.
codeFont := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans Mono' pointSize: 9.
Preferences setListFontTo: font.
Preferences setMenuFontTo: font.
Preferences setCodeFontTo: codeFont.
Preferences setButtonFontTo: font.
Preferences setSystemFontTo: font.
font := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Serif' pointSize: 11.
Preferences setWindowTitleFontTo: font.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: New Pharo-dev AND web based on 10250

Eric Hochmeister-2
Damien,

Whenever I try to use the protocol browser, I get the error

MessageNotUnderstood: CompiledMethod>>category

is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Eric

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just uploaded pharo-dev and pharo-web based on 10250. Please try
> them and tell me. http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/Downloads.
>
> If you have a recent VM with the FT2Plugin and the DejaVu font,
> execute the following: (you can of course change the font name to
> something else)
>
> |font codeFont|
> font := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Serif' pointSize: 10.
> codeFont := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans Mono' pointSize: 9.
> Preferences setListFontTo: font.
> Preferences setMenuFontTo: font.
> Preferences setCodeFontTo: codeFont.
> Preferences setButtonFontTo: font.
> Preferences setSystemFontTo: font.
> font := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Serif' pointSize: 11.
> Preferences setWindowTitleFontTo: font.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: New Pharo-dev AND web based on 10250

Rob Rothwell
Also...turning on halos and trying to remove the "Pharo" logo is a bad idea ;)

Rob

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Rob Rothwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Also...turning on halos and trying to remove the "Pharo" logo is a bad idea
> ;)

It's probably not related to pharo-dev. Please try to reproduce in a
stock image. Have a look at the DevImageCreator class in a phrao-dev
to see how to stick a picture on the World.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: New Pharo-dev AND web based on 10250

Damien Cassou
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Eric Hochmeister
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Whenever I try to use the protocol browser, I get the error
>
> MessageNotUnderstood: CompiledMethod>>category
>
> is this a known issue?

It was not, thank you.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: New Pharo-dev AND web based on 10250

please add a bug entry else it will be lost

stef

On Mar 12, 2009, at 5:34 PM, Rob Rothwell wrote:

> Also...turning on halos and trying to remove the "Pharo" logo is a
> bad idea ;)
>
> Rob
>
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Eric Hochmeister <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
> Damien,
>
> Whenever I try to use the protocol browser, I get the error
>
> MessageNotUnderstood: CompiledMethod>>category
>
> is this a known issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric
>
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just uploaded pharo-dev and pharo-web based on 10250. Please
> try
> > them and tell me. http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/Downloads.
> >
> > If you have a recent VM with the FT2Plugin and the DejaVu font,
> > execute the following: (you can of course change the font name to
> > something else)
> >
> > |font codeFont|
> > font := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Serif' pointSize: 10.
> > codeFont := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans Mono' pointSize: 9.
> > Preferences setListFontTo: font.
> > Preferences setMenuFontTo: font.
> > Preferences setCodeFontTo: codeFont.
> > Preferences setButtonFontTo: font.
> > Preferences setSystemFontTo: font.
> > font := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Serif' pointSize: 11.
> > Preferences setWindowTitleFontTo: font.
> >
> > --
> > Damien Cassou
> > http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: New Pharo-dev AND web based on 10250

Lukas Renggli
Cool, I was once wondering how to programmatically set nice fonts, but
got lost in the font rendering jungle ...

Thanks for finding out the magic word "LogicalFont" ;-)

Cheers,
Lukas

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: New Pharo-dev AND web based on 10250

Rob Rothwell
You're welcome!

This is the first thing I have ever manged to produce of interest to the Squeak community!

All because I never get much more done than trying out new images and I got tired of changing all the fonts by hand...

Rob