New Pharo-dev based on 10277

Damien Cassou

Re: New Pharo-dev based on 10277

Geert Claes
Administrator
Damien Cassou wrote
Will there be pharo-web version too?

What is actually the planned naming scheme for the various Pharo image versions?
- Pharo-Core
- Pharo (Pharo-Core + IDE?)
- Pharo-Dev (Pharo-Core + IDE + Dev tools?)
- Pharo-Web (Pharo-Core + IDE + Dev tools? + Web tools?)

Is there really a need to have both Pharo-Dev and Pharo-Web or just a Pharo-Web?

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Geert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://pharo-project.org/download
> Will there be pharo-web version too?

I've built a pharo-web last week. I'll build a new one beginning of May.

> What is actually the planned naming scheme for the various Pharo image versions?
> - Pharo-Core

Pharo-Core is a coherent small set of packages on which pharo-code
developers can work and which will be used for web servers.

> - Pharo (Pharo-Core + IDE?)

Pharo is the current pharo-dev

> - Pharo-Dev (Pharo-Core + IDE + Dev tools?)

pharo-dev won't exist anymore and will be renamed Pharo.

> - Pharo-Web (Pharo-Core + IDE + Dev tools? + Web tools?)
> Is there really a need to have both Pharo-Dev and Pharo-Web or just a Pharo-Web?

I don't know what we want to do with pharo-web.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: New Pharo-dev based on 10277

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Damien,

It's nice to not be the only one nagging you for updates of Pharo-web :)  However, I'm the first to admit that if comes down to running a script or two on top of Pharo-dev, that should do the job.

Bill

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Geert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://pharo-project.org/download
> Will there be pharo-web version too?

I've built a pharo-web last week. I'll build a new one beginning of May.

> What is actually the planned naming scheme for the various Pharo image versions?
> - Pharo-Core

Pharo-Core is a coherent small set of packages on which pharo-code developers can work and which will be used for web servers.

> - Pharo (Pharo-Core + IDE?)

Pharo is the current pharo-dev

> - Pharo-Dev (Pharo-Core + IDE + Dev tools?)

pharo-dev won't exist anymore and will be renamed Pharo.

> - Pharo-Web (Pharo-Core + IDE + Dev tools? + Web tools?) Is there
> really a need to have both Pharo-Dev and Pharo-Web or just a Pharo-Web?

I don't know what we want to do with pharo-web.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: New Pharo-dev based on 10277

Damien Cassou
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 11:27 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It's nice to not be the only one nagging you for updates of Pharo-web :)  However, I'm the first to admit that if comes down to running a script or two on top of Pharo-dev, that should do the job.

Is it ok if I only once a month?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: New Pharo-dev based on 10277

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Damien,

Let's see, you are making the web images as a courtesy to the rest of us, so, yeah, I GUESS it's ok :)  Your efforts are much appreciated.

My primary rhetorical question is not how often you should produce web images, but whether or not the developer image plus scripting is good enough.  I ask in part because of things like FFI/Alien, etc.

Bill

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My primary rhetorical question is not how often you should produce web images, but whether or not the developer image plus scripting is good enough.  I ask in part because of things like FFI/Alien, etc.

The script I use to generate dev-images is in the zip file. There is a
part which installs Seaside, Magritte and the others.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: New Pharo-dev based on 10277

Oscar Nierstrasz

The latest pharo-dev seems to have a several unpackaged classes
(BlockClosuresTestCase, ClosureTests, CollectionCombinator and
DecompilerTests).

Even after updating, they are still unpackaged.

Shouldn't they all go to their own packages?

- on

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Oscar Nierstrasz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The latest pharo-dev seems to have a several unpackaged classes
> (BlockClosuresTestCase, ClosureTests, CollectionCombinator and
> DecompilerTests).
>
> Even after updating, they are still unpackaged.
>
> Shouldn't they all go to their own packages?

That has already been reported (by Alex IIRC). Thank you Oscar.