New Pharo-dev based on 10279

Damien Cassou

Re: New Pharo-dev based on 10279

John Toohey-2
I just downloaded this image, and the latest VM for OSX, and I cannot
load any packages with MC. I get this error := 'Improper store into
indexable object'. Even trying to go through the stack trace in the
debugger, I get more errors thrown from the debugger itself (Syntax
error).

Is this a problem with the image or the VM?

Thanks.

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 08:31, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://pharo-project.org/download
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

-JT

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 4:33 PM, John Toohey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just downloaded this image, and the latest VM for OSX, and I cannot
> load any packages with MC. I get this error := 'Improper store into
> indexable object'. Even trying to go through the stack trace in the
> debugger, I get more errors thrown from the debugger itself (Syntax
> error).
>
> Is this a problem with the image or the VM?

I can't reproduce on my Linux box. Please provide step-by-step instructions.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: New Pharo-dev based on 10279

John Toohey-2
- Download the image from the Pharo site
- Download the closure enabled OSX VM from Pharo site.
- Start MC, and tried to load the Seaside29-A3 build with MC script
generated by seaside builder.

Is there something else I should try?

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:47, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 4:33 PM, John Toohey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I just downloaded this image, and the latest VM for OSX, and I cannot
>> load any packages with MC. I get this error := 'Improper store into
>> indexable object'. Even trying to go through the stack trace in the
>> debugger, I get more errors thrown from the debugger itself (Syntax
>> error).
>>
>> Is this a problem with the image or the VM?
>
> I can't reproduce on my Linux box. Please provide step-by-step instructions.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

-JT

Re: New Pharo-dev based on 10279

Stéphane Ducasse
this is strange because I tried and loaded some packages (not seaside)
and it worked.

Stef

Please report on http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list with this details.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: New Pharo-dev based on 10279

Stéphane Ducasse
But I could not reproduce it with other packages.
May be this is a seaside problem?
Stef