New Pier User

xekoukou
Hello fellows,

I would like to ask you if there is any documentation on creating new addons for the pier systems, apart from the code.
Also if there is documentation for the already existant addons, for all the addons.
Is the list http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/pieraddons/ complete or are there more?

If there is no documentation what are the differences in creating components for pier than for a general seaside web site.
Do i have to learn magritte?

--
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended solely for the addressee(s), and may contain legally privileged information.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.

Sincerely yours,
     Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis

Re: New Pier User

Lukas Renggli
Welcome!

> I would like to ask you if there is any documentation on creating new addons
> for the pier systems, apart from the code.

Not much. Most documentation is linked from the website
<http://www.piercms.com/>. Also some people (including myself) wrote
blog posts on extending Pier.

> Also if there is documentation for the already existant addons, for all the
> addons.
> Is the list http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/pieraddons/ complete or are there
> more?

This is a code repository, there are many other extensions if you
search on www.squeaksource.com.

> If there is no documentation what are the differences in creating components
> for pier than for a general seaside web site.

Any Seaside component is a Pier component and can be directly plugged
into a Pier site. However, if you want your Seaside component be able
to interact and reflect on Pier it needs to know about Pier, for
example by subclassing PRWidget which is a subclass of WAComponent
with some added functionality. This is the only difference.

> Do i have to learn magritte?

Not necessarily, but it will make your life much simpler.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch