New Pier import/export

David Farber-3
Lukas - Care to talk a little bit about the new import/export
functionality?  I haven't had a chance to look at the code yet.  What
is the overall strategy?  Is there a way to hook my own data into the
process?

David
----
1 Squeak/Seaside/Pier site deployed

Re: New Pier import/export

Lukas Renggli
I am sure you read this one <http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/export-import>.

The implementation uses the reference streams, so it is slow and
inefficient but any of your own data that is referenced from the
kernel or any of the structures should automatically come with it.
External files are intentionally left out to avoid the image blowing
up. It is reasonably simple to just move the external files from the
file-system so that the target image can find them.

Cheers,
Lukas

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch