New Smalltalk position at Cincom Australia

1 message Options

New Smalltalk position at Cincom Australia

McNeil, Andrew

Position Summary

Cincom Australia is seeking an experienced Smalltalk developer located in our Sydney office to assist in the development of Smalltalk solutions for our customers and to provide product support for Cincom users of our VisualWorks and ObjectStudio Smalltalk versions.

Technical Skills

The candidate should have the following technical skills

  • Strong Programming Experience with VisualWorks or ObjectStudio for at least 3 years ideally including a range of architectures such as thick clients, web frameworks (Seaside, javascript (jQuery, AngularJS…), HTML5, CSS, Ajax) and services.
  • Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented programming and Design, Patterns, Test Driven Development
  • Development experience in Windows and Linux Operating systems
  • Experience with popular databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, PostgreSQL

Optional Technical Skills:

  • Programming Experience with C# or Java, C
  • Knowledge of MQ Series, CORBA, COM/OLE/ActiveX

Other Skills and Attributes:

  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
  • Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a diverse population and with all members of the organization
  • Desire to continuously keep up with the latest technologies.
  • Ability to mentor and teach other internal staff and clients
  • Self-starter
  • Testing and problem solving skills

Contact Malalay Ahmadi ([hidden email]) in our Sydney office ( +61-2-8875-1400 ) for more information if you are interested.

Regards

Andrew McNeil