New Squeaksource ...

Torsten Bergmann
Anyone know something about the current state
of this project. Looks like it is not developed open
enough ... at least one is not able to follow any
progress or give feedback.

Bye
T.

Re: New Squeaksource ...

Stéphane Ducasse
before complaining let them work. They told us that they missed their first milestone because they had other client
work (which is good for them). We (the ESUG board and them) decided that they should get started and get something
before asking for feedback else they will lose time replying to the "I want that and that and that and that".
They have a list of mandatory features based on our experience using Squeaksource and we will see. After they will ask for
feedback and the code will be MIT.

Stef

On Feb 16, 2011, at 9:33 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Anyone know something about the current state
> of this project. Looks like it is not developed open
> enough ... at least one is not able to follow any
> progress or give feedback.
>
> Bye
> T.
> --
> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 Euro/mtl.! Jetzt mit
> gratis Handy-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: New Squeaksource ...

Nicolas Petton
Le mercredi 16 février 2011 à 09:33 +0100, Torsten Bergmann a écrit :
> Anyone know something about the current state
> of this project. Looks like it is not developed open
> enough ... at least one is not able to follow any
> progress or give feedback.

Hi Torsten,

I'm one of the guys behind SmalltalkHub.

I understand your concerns, and you're right, the project is not open.
Not *yet*.

The reason is that we want to wait until we have a first prototype to
show to the community. We can't ask for feedbacks if we don't have
anything to show.

Unfortunately we are a bit late, but as soon as we have something, we'll
open the repository and put the prototype online for testing and
feedbacks.

Cheers,
Nicolas

Re: New Squeaksource ...

Geert Claes
Administrator
Nicolas Petton wrote
The reason is that we want to wait until we have a first prototype to show to the community. We can't ask for feedbacks if we don't have anything to show.
Excellent Nicolas!  I think a lot of people are just very keen for Smalltalk to have a cool, modern online code repository.

I am not sure what features will be part of the initial prototype but I wanted to clarify that I just posted the "cloudforksso" link because I have a feeling that by having support for OAuth/OpenID as part of the Smalltalk code repository would be a positive reflection of Smalltalk being modern and open :)

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing Iliad in action :)