New Type Converter - how to install

Steve Geringer
quick question...

I just wrote a ScaledDecimalToText type converter and I would like to use it
in the
view composer.  ( it hides the 's' from the user but always ensures
ScaledDecimal for
accounting purposes )

how do i get it to list itself in the type converter selection list? (btw it
is a subclass of NumberToText)

thanks,
steve

Re: New Type Converter - how to install

Christopher J. Demers
Steve Geringer <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:qvng6.45632$[hidden email]...

> how do i get it to list itself in the type converter selection list? (btw
it
> is a subclass of NumberToText)

Look at ValueConvertingControlView<<applicableTypeConverterCategories and
its implementation in the subclasses.  It looks like it is using the class
categories to screen for inclusion (really quite cool, I think).  So if you
look at the classification of NumberToText ('MVP-Type Converters-Text') you
would want to classify your class the same way.  This can be done from the
Class\Category... menu.

Chris

Re: New Type Converter - how to install

Steve Geringer
Thanks Chris...

yes, i found this class category thing but there was one additional step.
for some reason i had to remove the TextEdit  field and replace it with a
new
one in the view.  after doing this my type converter showed up.

cheers,
steve

"Christopher J. Demers" <[hidden email]> wrote in
message news:95t1v5$ir9oo$[hidden email]...
> Steve Geringer <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:qvng6.45632$[hidden email]...
> >
> > how do i get it to list itself in the type converter selection list?
(btw
> it
> > is a subclass of NumberToText)
>
> Look at ValueConvertingControlView<<applicableTypeConverterCategories and
> its implementation in the subclasses.  It looks like it is using the class
> categories to screen for inclusion (really quite cool, I think).  So if
you
> look at the classification of NumberToText ('MVP-Type Converters-Text')
you
> would want to classify your class the same way.  This can be done from the
> Class\Category... menu.
>
> Chris

Re: New Type Converter - how to install

Steve Geringer
i take it back, i didn't need to delete and replace the TextEdit.  for some
reason
it works tonight without that step.  (maybe i was suffering from tunnel
vision last night.)

good luck all.

news:_dog6.32341$[hidden email]...