New User Registration problem in Pharo1.2

New User Registration problem in Pharo1.2

Nicholas Moore
I am having a problem with new user registration in the DemoApp using a vanilla Pharo 1.2.1 with Aida 6.2 loaded (using ConfigurationOfAida).

The WebForm fields fail the validation test:

WebForm >> save:

    "save all changed form field values to the domain model. All values must be valid unitl any value is saved.
    Raise error if any value is not validated. To avoid exception, check with #isValid before!
    Save the subforms down in hierarchy as well"
    self isValid ifFalse: [self error: 'form fields not all valid'].
    self allFields do: [:field | field save]. "only changed fields are saved! See WebModelAdaptor save"
    self subforms do: [:each | each save]

AidaModelAdaptor >> save

    self changed ifFalse: [^nil].
    self isValid ifFalse: [self error: 'value validation failed!']. ***** This error then halts processing.
    self saveValue: self buffer.
    self resetChanged.
    self buffer: nil

The AidaPharoOneClick for 1.2 also fails in the same place, during WebForm validation.

It works fine with Pharo 1.1.1 and Aida 6.2.

Any suggestions?

--

Nicholas Moore

Re: New User Registration problem in Pharo1.2

Janko Mivšek
Hi Nicholas,

So the problem is that the validation works in Pharo 1.1 but not anymore
on Pharo? 1.2?

I'll soon start syncing new Aida 6.3beta to Pharo (directly to 1.3), so
let me investigate your problem then too. In a day or two..

Best regards
Janko

S, Nicholas Moore piše:

> I am having a problem with new user registration in the DemoApp using a
> vanilla Pharo 1.2.1 with Aida 6.2 loaded (using ConfigurationOfAida).
>
> The WebForm fields fail the validation test:
>
> WebForm >> save:
>
>     "save all changed form field values to the domain model. All values
> must be valid unitl any value is saved.
>     Raise error if any value is not validated. To avoid exception, check
> with #isValid before!
>     Save the subforms down in hierarchy as well"
>     self isValid ifFalse: [self error: 'form fields not all valid'].
>     self allFields do: [:field | field save]. "only changed fields are
> saved! See WebModelAdaptor save"
>     self subforms do: [:each | each save]
>
> AidaModelAdaptor >> save
>
>     self changed ifFalse: [^nil].
>     self isValid ifFalse: [self error: 'value validation failed!'].
> ***** This error then halts processing.
>     self saveValue: self buffer.
>     self resetChanged.
>     self buffer: nil
>
> The AidaPharoOneClick for 1.2 also fails in the same place, during
> WebForm validation.
>
> It works fine with Pharo 1.1.1 and Aida 6.2.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> --
>
> *Nicholas Moore
>
> *

Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: New User Registration problem in Pharo1.2

Nicholas Moore
Thanks Janko.

It is the aspectAdaptor for the WebRegistrationApp password field which fails the validationBlock: 'isSamePassword' test, even though the buffer holds the correct value (and a 'passwords don't match' error message has not been generated for the page). I have previously seen it with a different field so I do not think it is directly related to the password processing.

Later, I will try to find what the difference is between 1.1.1 and 1.2 that might cause this.

Nicholas

S, Nicholas Moore piše:
[...]

Skype: tsr_nicholas

Check out my Blog

"Still Running - that I may die in good health"