New VMs at http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2559/

Eliot Miranda-2
http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2559/

CogVM binaries as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.163/r2559.

Make wakeHighestPriority filter-out zombie processes; fixes Newspeak/Glue crash.
Add -blockonerror flag to Unix & Mac VMs to allow attaching gdb on error/segv.
Make the sigsegv handler catch SIGILL and SIGBUS on Unix and Mac.
Add 64-bit file support to linux builds.
Fix sqUnixX11.c ClipChildren to ClipByChildren.

--
best,
Eliot

Eliot

Re: New VMs at http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2559/

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Eliot Miranda-2 wrote
Add -blockonerror flag to Unix & Mac VMs to allow attaching gdb on
error/segv.
Cool!! Thanks, Eliot
Cheers,
Sean

Re: New VMs at http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2559/

Camillo Bruni-3
I assume they don't include the FilePlugin changes?
Because then they will only work under Pharo 1.4 and before!

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:
I assume they don't include the FilePlugin changes?
Because then they will only work under Pharo 1.4 and before!

Which specific changes Camilo?  If they're not in I'll integrate them asap.

On 2012-07-18, at 04:21, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> Eliot Miranda-2 wrote
>>
>> Add -blockonerror flag to Unix & Mac VMs to allow attaching gdb on
>> error/segv.
>>

> Cool!! Thanks, Eliot

best,
Eliot

On 2012-07-18, at 18:56, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> I assume they don't include the FilePlugin changes?
>> Because then they will only work under Pharo 1.4 and before!
>>

> Which specific changes Camilo?  If they're not in I'll integrate them asap.

In Pharo 2.0 we make heavy use of
        <primitive: 'primitiveDirectoryEntry' module: 'FilePlugin'>

since it provides file access in O(1) instead of O(n^2/4) by
  <primitive: 'primitiveDirectoryLookup' module: 'FilePlugin'

however the primitive was completely broken under mac, so we fixed the following
- proper alias resolving
- proper directory lookup

plus we added another entry in the basic array returned from the primitives which
allows us to access the posix permissions (mac / linux / win.

the changes are spread over several commits:
        https://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed/blobs/history/fdd5230337112db9273ddc3991e598b322a8f1d4/platforms/iOS/vm/Common/Classes/sqSqueakFileDirectoryInterface.m

The VM will still work with older images, however Pharo 2.0 requires a VM with
these primitives properly implemented, since we don't use FileDirectory anymore
and the new FileSystem only uses #primitiveDirectoryEntry.

best
cami