New chapter on OpenGL in Pharo

melkyades
Hi! I just gathered many of my previous experiences trying to use opengl and uploaded it to the pharo book. It would be nice if someone could check the info, try to add more and mainly test the tips to see if they are working.

With FFI OpenGL I'm getting an error while compiling a test method in Pharo 1.2 and some problems with underscore assignments and deprecations, we should fix them but I don't think I have access to that repo. Also, loading it involves many steps, having a ConfigurationOfFFIOpenGL would be awsome.

Please add anything you consider useful.

Regards,
          Javier.

Javier Pimás
Ciudad de Buenos Aires

Re: New chapter on OpenGL in Pharo

hernanmd
2011/1/21 Javier Pimás <[hidden email]>:
> Hi! I just gathered many of my previous experiences trying to use opengl and
> uploaded it to the pharo book. It would be nice if someone could check the
> info, try to add more and mainly test the tips to see if they are working.

Link?

> With FFI OpenGL I'm getting an error while compiling a test method in Pharo

which error?

> 1.2 and some problems with underscore assignments and deprecations, we

which problems?

Menu -> System -> Settings
Write underscore, hit Enter
Check "Allow underscore as assignment"

To change all underscores _ to := install AST and RB and evaluate:

| environment change rule |
environment := BrowserEnvironment new forPackageNames: #('YourPackageName').
rule := RBUnderscoreAssignmentRule new.
SmalllintChecker runRule: rule onEnvironment: environment.
change := CompositeRefactoryChange new.
change changes: rule changes.
change execute

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 7:01 AM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:
2011/1/21 Javier Pimás <[hidden email]>:
> Hi! I just gathered many of my previous experiences trying to use opengl and
> uploaded it to the pharo book. It would be nice if someone could check the
> info, try to add more and mainly test the tips to see if they are working.

Link?

> With FFI OpenGL I'm getting an error while compiling a test method in Pharo

which error?

I added this issue to describe the problems and uploaded a slice to solve some.

Javier Pimás
Ciudad de Buenos Aires

On Jan 21, 2011, at 6:14 AM, Javier Pimás wrote:

> Hi! I just gathered many of my previous experiences trying to use opengl and uploaded it to the pharo book. It would be nice if someone could check the info, try to add more and mainly test the tips to see if they are working.

Thanks!!!
Documenting is important so that we all learn.

> With FFI OpenGL I'm getting an error while compiling a test method in Pharo 1.2 and some problems with underscore assignments and deprecations, we should fix them but I don't think I have access to that repo. Also, loading it involves many steps, having a ConfigurationOfFFIOpenGL would be awsome.
>
> Please add anything you consider useful.
>
> Regards,
>           Javier.
>
> --
> Javier Pimás