New implementation of MultiColumnList

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Hi,

I have done a new version of this morph. Since the basic list morph can now render all kind morphs, I wanted to try with a new approach consisting of wrap each element with a designated morph.

For the default behavior, speed is a bit better

MessageTally spyOn: [ SystemNavigation default browseAllCallsOn:  #+]
old version:   - 3829 tallies, 3843 msec.
new version:  - 2824 tallies, 2824 msec.

I use the same approach for a new sender implementation using spec and since I already know the column widths, the speed is really better
 - 835 tallies, 840 msec. (and it does a hierarchy sort)

I am currently working on this aspect (if the model specify the widths, is it really faster ?)

Code is available here:

Gofer new
    repository: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/DirtyExperiments';
    package: 'MultiColumnList';
    load

This code is depending of issues 5283 and 5181

Ben

Re: New implementation of MultiColumnList

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks ben.
I'm running even more than usual
Will be at the presentation tomorrow then running teaching. But we should sit and discuss and get feedback from alain.

Stef