New items in Pharo Core merger

Henrik Sperre Johansen
Would it be possible to enable "Keep current version" (ie, don't install
the version from the thing being merged) to the menu list for New items
in the Monticello merger?
It's kind of hard to f.ex. merge Squeak-trunk Collections, containing
Base64MimeConverter, when in Pharo, that Class exists in a different
package.
At least as far as I can tell (haven't actually done it, as I don't feel
like resolving the 260 other conflicts just to find out), applying the
merge will result in move the class.
Alternatively to check if the item already exists in the system, but in
a different package, and mark that as a conflict.

Cheers,
Henry

Re: New items in Pharo Core merger

Stéphane Ducasse
I think that we should really improve the merge tool to help us
so any step in that direction is welcomed.

Stef

On Oct 15, 2009, at 12:52 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:

> Would it be possible to enable "Keep current version" (ie, don't
> install
> the version from the thing being merged) to the menu list for New
> items
> in the Monticello merger?
> It's kind of hard to f.ex. merge Squeak-trunk Collections, containing
> Base64MimeConverter, when in Pharo, that Class exists in a different
> package.
> At least as far as I can tell (haven't actually done it, as I don't
> feel
> like resolving the 260 other conflicts just to find out), applying the
> merge will result in move the class.
> Alternatively to check if the item already exists in the system, but
> in
> a different package, and mark that as a conflict.
>
> Cheers,
> Henry

Re: New items in Pharo Core merger

Gary Chambers-4
Means digging into/modifying MC itself I fear...
From what I've investigated, the MCMergeResolutionRequest mechanism only
handles changes to the state or what is to be merged when conflicting
(within same package)...

Regards, Gary